Robert11 Guest

Default Federal "Interop" Frequencies ? (Boston area)

Hi,

There seem to be zillions of these Federal "INTEROP" frequencies.

Anyone know which, if any, of them are used in the Boston area, and have
    frequent usage worth, perhaps, putting into ones scanner ?

Thanks,
    Bob

167.4375R PL 167.9 has or still is patched to BAPERN-3 470.7875 as of last week, has been for almost 2 years. Its for federal inter-op tie. However I have yet to hear any FBI to Boston, or the like, mainly because the FBI and other ABC agencies, do a lot of behind the scenes stuff via cell, etc. When they kick down a door, they just show up.

I wonder if Amtrak Police on 161.295R and the National Park Service Police on 166.950R, have this [The 167.4375 BAPERN 3 Tie) programmed in their radios, since those are uniformed federal police agencies in the boston area, and are most likely the ones that would use BAPERN-3. I know the NPS Police have BC-78x scanners in their cruisers and in Providence some Amtrak Police officers carry a 460.MHz Providence PD Portable.

Long story short, 167.4375 is repeating 470.7875's (BAPERN-3) traffic.
    Last edited by KB1FJR; 02-14-2008 at 14:53.

Other than the FBI Patch from BAPERN 3 [seems its a One-Way Only] the only other announced channel is/was 165.3250 R mostly DVP/DES but with the USCG now implementing P-25 [Sector Boston converted this week] I would venture it will be moved to ASTRO.

CG refers to this as Bos-Rpt [Bos Repeat] and was used during the Drill at the CambridgeSide Galleria last year.

http://www.cops.usdoj.gov/files/ric/...omm_ritter.pdf

There was a document, now removed [might of downloaded it, will check] at
    http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/nij/topics/...ies/boston.pdf
    that talked of Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by KB1FJR View Post
    167.4375R PL 167.9 has or still is patched to BAPERN-3 470.7875 as of last week, has been for almost 2 years. Its for federal inter-op tie. However I have yet to hear any FBI to Boston, or the like, mainly because the FBI and other ABC agencies, do a lot of behind the scenes stuff via cell, etc. When they kick down a door, they just show up.

I wonder if Amtrak Police on 161.295R and the National Park Service Police on 166.950R, have this [The 167.4375 BAPERN 3 Tie) programmed in their radios, since those are uniformed federal police agencies in the boston area, and are most likely the ones that would use BAPERN-3. I know the NPS Police have BC-78x scanners in their cruisers and in Providence some Amtrak Police officers carry a 460.MHz Providence PD Portable.

Long story short, 167.4375 is repeating 470.7875's (BAPERN-3) traffic.
    Bill Dunn N1KUG
    Cruise Ship Frequencies
    http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

If you have a chance to listen to the Monday morning BAPERN District roll calls, when they do the Central District roll call, numerous federal agencies are polled, some respond some don't.
    On a couple of different times I have heard FBI agents calling State Police to report traffic accidents and such on BAPERN 3.

Here we go, the Boston File. Had to Zip it, due to Upload limitations

It Pays to Download

Quote Originally Posted by kenny View Post
    If you have a chance to listen to the Monday morning BAPERN District roll calls, when they do the Central District roll call, numerous federal agencies are polled, some respond some don't.
    On a couple of different times I have heard FBI agents calling State Police to report traffic accidents and such on BAPERN 3.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Bill Dunn N1KUG
    Cruise Ship Frequencies
    http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

I haven't heard any activity for a year or so but before everyone involved in the LNG exercises had MSP radios the Federal units used to use 158.9100 D612 to talk to the UCC. Now it seems the USCG is the UCC and controls the whole thing.