Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    unleashedff248 Guest

Default Everett is Officially on UHF 470.050

Heard today (11/10/08) that Everett has officially moved over to their UHF. Chelsea sent out a special message about this, and that all units responding mutual aid were to use UHF exclusively. Sounds like they've abandoned the VHF completely now, probably because of the interference with Brockton.

Everett FD Dispatch: 470.050 PL186.2

Downloads
    Uploads

I was listening to 154.310 for dispatches this afternoon, about when was the announcement made?

unleashedff248 Guest

It was about 17:00 when Chelsea made that announcement. I'm not 100% sure they've trashed the VHF. I'll lock onto them and check, but so far I've been in my car and gotten nothing on the VHF, and Everett's rarely that quiet. Like I said, the dispatcher told the companies that respond to Everett to only use the UHF radio. He strongly emphasized the ONLY part, which makes me think the VHF is not in operation or will be scrapped very soon.
    Last edited by unleashedff248; 11-11-2008 at 14:10.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by unleashedff248 View Post
    It was about 15:00 when Chelsea made that announcement. I'm not 100% sure they've trashed the VHF. I'll lock onto them and check, but so far I've been in my car and gotten nothing on the VHF, and Everett's rarely that quiet. Like I said, the dispatcher told the companies that respond to Everett to only use the UHF radio. He strongly emphasized the ONLY part, which makes me think the VHF is not in operation or will be scrapped very soon.
    I just missed that announcement, I did hear Everett broadcasting two medical runs on the old frequency around 15:10 and 17:30

And as I was typing this I heard the contract ambulance broadcast on the old frequency again...

Downloads
    Uploads

When most cities and towns make a switch from one frequency to another, they simulacast on both to aviod any confusion or interopibility issues. This could go on for some time. I think Dedham FD might still do this, and they made the switch about 4 years ago.
    "I will not surrender. I will not retreat. I will stand here and fight, or I will stand here and die."

unleashedff248 Guest

I dunno. I was listening to 154.310 last night and got nothing. But when I hit scan, I immediately picked up the new frequency with action. Are you sure it wasn't brockton you were hearing? Their ambulances use the "Contract Ambulance" designation.

EDIT: I'm listening now and I've heard nothing for over an hour BUT I did hear an ambulance call in town for coverage. Maybe their VHF is set up to cross over to the UHF? But you definitely can't hear anything else (like the dispatchers or units on the UHF). Unless the ambulances are just calling in on the VHF by accident, I can't see any purpose of a channel that you can't hear the dispatcher on. Either way it's definitely not a simulcast. Interesting........
    Last edited by unleashedff248; 11-11-2008 at 13:25.

PCFN Car6 Guest

I work for Cataldo part time, they sent an e-mail out 2 days ago that Everett Fire is now on UHF. All Cataldo units have it in the CMED radios already. We have been told to use that and only that. I am not sure on the simulcast, I have not heard a thing on it the past 2 days.