Default What is New England City Wide

I have seen the frequency postings for city wide, but am wondering if anyone has any information as to what is is, and when it will be fully active? I have heard city wide on 464.25 getting set up on Concord Fire Alarm, so I know there is some activity. Is this going to be a radio network similar to what the new hampshire state wide was before they dissolved? Any Information would be greatly appreciated.
    Chris
    Weare, NH

Quote Originally Posted by cboykonh View Post
    I have seen the frequency postings for city wide, but am wondering if anyone has any information as to what is is, and when it will be fully active? I have heard city wide on 464.25 getting set up on Concord Fire Alarm, so I know there is some activity. Is this going to be a radio network similar to what the new hampshire state wide was before they dissolved? Any Information would be greatly appreciated.
    Yes similar to what NH Statewide was only on a larger scale.

here is there website http://newenglandcitywide.com/
    cw158

Default New England City Wide

Is New England City Wide now active in New Hampshire? I have visited their web site, so I know what things they cover. I am just wondering if they will be covering large incidents for the New Hampshire area? I have heard traffic on 464.25 out of Pittsfield, and am wondering if I will continue to hear large incidents out of New Hampshire? If this is not yet active in New Hampshire, I am wondering when it might be active? If anyone has information, it would be greatly appreciated.
    Chris
    Weare, NH

You should keep posting your questions related to this in the same thread in which you started this discussion. Just put the frequencies in and see what you can hear, that's how you can find out.

A moderator may choose to merges these threads.
    CLYDE - N1BHH - A KNOW-CODE AMATEUR RADIO OPERATOR / WQLF416 - GMRS
    Pro94 Pro106 Pro164 Pro197 Pro2006 Pro2015 Pro2021 Pro2055
    Yaesu's FT60R, FT2900R, FT8000R & FT8800R, Icom IC735, Motorola MTX9250 (900 MHz.)

[No need to start additional threads on the same topic]

New England Citywide is a Notification Group [subscription], similar to the former NH Statewide. I'm sure if you have already heard activity on the Freq
    then it's active. You best bet is to put the Freqs in and listen away, I'm sure activity will vary [depending on who decides to use and $$]

The days of true Notifications Systems began a decay 10 yrs ago with the use of the internet vs Pagers [what are those?] and Two-Way LMR

Is New England City Wide now active in New Hampshire? I have visited their web site, so I know what things they cover. I am just wondering if they will be covering large incidents for the New Hampshire area? I have heard traffic on 464.25 out of Pittsfield, and am wondering if I will continue to hear large incidents out of New Hampshire? If this is not yet active in New Hampshire, I am wondering when it might be active? If anyone has information, it would be greatly appreciated.
    Bill Dunn N1KUG
    Cruise Ship Frequencies
    http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

Default status of New England City Wide

Does anyone know what the status of New England City wide is? I was hearing them a lot in early July and asm no longer hearing them. Are they still actively using their radio network? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    Chris
    Weare, NH

Probably Best to make contact with them
    Previous Thread

Notification Group activity comes-n-goes. Some groups have been quiet for weeks, then all of a sudden, Boom.

Does anyone know what the status of New England City wide is? I was hearing them a lot in early July and asm no longer hearing them. Are they still actively using their radio network? Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    Bill Dunn N1KUG
    Cruise Ship Frequencies
    http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

I tried sending them E-Mails, but never got anything back from them.
    Chris
    Weare, NH

Yes, I still pick them up once or twice a week here in Lowell, most recently as a Tuesday.
    Doug
    Northeastern MA

I have heard them this week on both the Goffstown Repeater and Fitchburg Repeater. I am in Westminster, MA and the Fitchburg site comes in fair and the Goffstown site is poor, but readable.
    John
    Westminster, MA

www.scannorthcounty.net
    ProScan - www.scannorthcounty.no-ip.info
    Broadcastify - Ashburnham Area Fire|Fitchburg Area Fire|ScanNorthCounty

I just caught them moments ago putting out a 2nd Alarm in Melrose, Ma on the North Andover Repeater.
    Doug
    Northeastern MA

I sent a message to city wide to try to get more information about them and they sent back a ton of information. They are very interested in any input they can get on making their radio network better. I have heard them on their 464.25 repeater in Pittsfield. I told them that from what I have seen, this network has the potential to be really great. I have noticed that the Audio is low and the sound is sometimes garbled. I am interested in getting other people's input on whether other people are noticing problems too? They told me that the repeater is up for replacement, but just thought I would put this out there in case there are other city wide repeaters that are having problems too. Like I said they are very interested in input on making their network better. This site is all about scanner and radio frequency information so that is why I figured this would be the best place to post this to try to help them get some feed back.
    Chris
    Weare, NH

I am only a few miles from the Fitchburg site and it only comes in fair. I am sure part is do to the hills between my location and the repeater. It is garbled most of the time and that may be because they are using VOIP to access there sites. I heard a transmission the other day that was obviously using VOIP from his computer, as he signed off with a New York call sign.

I did a trial run of there set-up some time ago, but decided not to sign on. You can access (or could) all of the repeaters via your computer and listen to them also. It was OK, but there was a lot of static and noise, so it was hard to listen on a continuous basis. It also gave you access to online scanners.

This was sometime ago and things may have changed and/or improved.
    John
    Westminster, MA

www.scannorthcounty.net
    ProScan - www.scannorthcounty.no-ip.info
    Broadcastify - Ashburnham Area Fire|Fitchburg Area Fire|ScanNorthCounty