Downloads
    Uploads

Default DSDPlus Windows decoder

Now that someone else has uploaded it, I will post a link to the decoding program I use.

A Windows program called DSDPlus which does a better job of decoding that the original. Also, there are quite a few parameters that can be changed to tweak your reception. All the parameters for the filtering are listed in the included .txt file.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/RTLSDR/comme...ding_with_dsd/

Notable improvements include:

• Ability to use without cygwin
    • Ability to use non-default audio device (pick your own)
    • Improved audio output filtering for voice clarity
    • Improved audio input filtering for decoding
    • Improved P25 error correction
    • Improved audio output (less popping and crackling)

Decodes:

• P25 Phase 1
    • DMR/MotoTRBO
    • NXDN4800/9600
    • ProVoice

Notes:

• By default it VOX records all calls into an MP3 file, unless you use the '-O NUL' command line switch.
    • lame_enc.dll is required in same folder.

chris

Downloads
    Uploads

You beat me to this, Chris. It's working superbly on P25. I'm monitoring New Bedford PD using my work setup and getting nearly perfect decode. P25 has always been a chore with DSD until now.

One note of great importance. After I downloaded DSDPlus I was having NO luck using SDR-Radio as my front end. I am so used to using it I had completely forgotten that the audio output of the program is filtered. Really, for DSD to work at its best SDRSharp should be the program of choice as there is an option to send unfiltered audio to DSD, which as correctly pointed out to me is the closest thing these dongles can get to a discriminator tap.

Of course this update of DSD will work with any scanner with a discriminator tap as well.
    Scott - Scan New England Webmaster

Downloads
    Uploads

I got this running, but not the way I expect it to run. When I first tried to run it, I got the error message regarding lame_enc.dll. I didn't see that in the Readme, but figured it out. As I mentioned in the MotoTrbo thread, my refurbished laptop with Win7 64bit didn't have that fine on it. My desktop did, however, so I just copied the latest one I found over to the laptop and it worked.

Right now I'm sitting on 937.6125 and data is scrolling like crazy on the screen. No audio though, other than the data stream and an occasional word or two which is definitely digital. I played back the MP3 file from yesterday and it's almost understandable audio, but not quite. I tried to start the program with "-xr", but won't start. This channel seems to be voice because DMRDecode won't read it at all.

I'm close, but obviously missing something. I had SDR# sitting on 151.025 which is the Stoughton DPW frequency and is now digital. There is some traffic, but DSDPlus doesn't see it.

Anyone have any ideas of what I'm doing wrong?
    We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

Downloads
    Uploads

I spent several hours at the Mohegan Sun running DSDPlus on their new MotoTrbo Connect Plus. Voice was clear (no encryption is used) and the only garbled traffic was immediately followed by someone saying that they were unreadable. I was using a tapped scanner and not the SDR devices. I was running the Java based DMRDecode along with it to get some of the talkgroup info. Only a couple of minor problems but it was operator error and not because of the program.

I have created a WIKI page for the system on this site.

chris

Downloads
    Uploads

Chris, looks great. Thanks. Eric submitted some data as well if you want to check it against what you have there.

Downloads
    Uploads

Gary,
    I am having the same issue with the dsd+. I have tried adjusting the inputs and -xr also with no luck. I know what I am monitoring is mototrbo, since I'm getting it clear on my xpr.. any one know where we failed?
    Scott

Motorola XPR6550, CDM1250, HT1000
    Uniden/Bearcat 780xlt, 785D, 895xlt, 996P2
    GRE PSR-400 & PSR-600
    Regency ACT-10R

Downloads
    Uploads

-xr does not apply with this version as it auto senses polarity. One thing I would recommend is that everyone check their sound input under the recording devices of your audio setup. I notice a lot that by default they are set to 2 CH, 16 bit, 44100 Hz (CD Quality). DSD, regardless of what version, wants at least 48000 Hz, which hopefully is an option. If 96000 Hz is available, use it. Whether you're using a dongle with Virtual Audio Cable or VB Audio Cable, or the line in of your soundcard, you need to ensure this setting is correct.

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks. The polarity thing was driving me a bit batty. I've watched the debate about whether DSD+ is a follow on of DSD or different product. It seems to be a follow on and the help file is taken from DSD. Which explains why some options don't work. I'm using VB Audio Cable and I think I have it set to 96,000 Hz. I'll double check next time I start the laptop. I was getting really good audio on Stoughton DPW the other night when they had the sanders out. I've got some good audio from MotoTrbo trunk systems, but it's random since I don't have anything that will trunk track those systems and don't have a two dongle system set up yet.

One last, sort of related question. Would the Control Channel output function of the Uniden DMA scanners produce useable audio for DSD+ on a conventional frequency? IOW, is it discriminator out put? I'm thinking of locking the 346XT on to the Stoughton DPW frequency and see if I can feed that audio to DSD+ and get useable voice output.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott SNE Webmaster View Post
    -xr does not apply with this version as it auto senses polarity. One thing I would recommend is that everyone check their sound input under the recording devices of your audio setup. I notice a lot that by default they are set to 2 CH, 16 bit, 44100 Hz (CD Quality). DSD, regardless of what version, wants at least 48000 Hz, which hopefully is an option. If 96000 Hz is available, use it. Whether you're using a dongle with Virtual Audio Cable or VB Audio Cable, or the line in of your soundcard, you need to ensure this setting is correct.
    We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by garys View Post
    One last, sort of related question. Would the Control Channel output function of the Uniden DMA scanners produce useable audio for DSD+ on a conventional frequency? IOW, is it discriminator out put? I'm thinking of locking the 346XT on to the Stoughton DPW frequency and see if I can feed that audio to DSD+ and get useable voice output.
    Unfortunately it won't.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Scott SNE Webmaster View Post
    Unfortunately it won't.
    Sad face.

Downloads
    Uploads

I think the PSR-500 and 600 will give you discriminator out of them?