Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Default MBTA Commuter Rail frequencies and usage.

Hi Scott ,
    I hope this attachment goes thru to you !!!
    Thanks ,
    RadioManRick
    Attached Files Attached Files

Downloads
    Uploads

Nice Report and update[s]

Quote Originally Posted by RadiomanRick View Post
    Hi Scott ,
    I hope this attachment goes thru to you !!!
    Thanks ,
    RadioManRick
    Bill Dunn N1KUG
    Cruise Ship Frequencies
    http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

Awesome thanks for the info

Downloads
    Uploads

Excellent, thank you.
    Jacob
    KB1VLA

Downloads
    Uploads

RadioMan Rick nice to see you here!
    Luke
    Milton, MA

Downloads
    Uploads

Great info!
    Will 160.800 be discontinued?
    What is the freq for the repeater on Blue Hill?

Thanks,

-JR
    Last edited by JFR; 12-21-2015 at 11:58.

Downloads
    Uploads

160.800 was the Conral (later CSX) road. Keolis now dispatches all the way to Worcester on 160.410 (from west of Cove interlocking at former Boston Herald plant in the South End to CP45 just west of Worcester Union station). CSX still uses 160.800 for Middleborough, Framingham and Fitchburg operations as well as west of Worcester. Note also the Framingham sub between Framingham and Mansfield is now dispatched by the Mass Coastal

The GBH engineering repeater is on 160.695
    Luke
    Milton, MA

Downloads
    Uploads

Heard CSX B735 and B721 on the Mass Coastal channel here in Walpole. Used to hear more of them, and wondered where they had gone. I would only hear them on .920 when asking to cross the Diamond. Now I got them back!

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello,

I am noticing some NXDN on 161.475 MHz. I reprogrammed my new VHF NXDN portable for mixed mode on that frequency.

73 Eric

Downloads
    Uploads

That's BET facilities radio system. There is an mix mode repeater on site that is used by them.
    Jason,KB1KVD/WQQQ874/C&S R103
    Radio Maintainer Out....

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello,

I only heard some analog this morning, so I was not sure if the NXDN was due to the VHF skip conditions yesterday. I see the current licenses are for narrowband FM and 6.25 KHz NXDN, but railroads are adding NXDN to their licenses regardless.

I am testing a scanning fix in the new AOR DV-1 firmware release. I have the channel programmed in with several others.

I recently got a Icom IC-F3261DT with RR firmware. The AAR channels can be entered directly from the keypad. Since this can be dangerous, I programmed all the AAR channels in a zone as mixed Analog/NXDN and receive only. The Icom is pretty flexible and I can define a number of scan lists and have hundreds of channels in a zone. I now have a scan list that scans through all 180 or so AAR channels, so it is better for searching.

The only other railroad NXDN I run across so far was a shop in CN Taschereau Yard (Montreal).

73 Eric

Downloads
    Uploads

I have updated the definition for "Dispatcher" on the "Glossary" page of my blog to include the new frequencies activated today. Please take a look and let me know if I got anything wrong.

http://dbperry.weebly.com/glossary

Dave
    Dave
    Ashland, MA

Downloads
    Uploads

If you were hearing analog then that would have been the BET Facilities crew working. The digital is currently for comm department use and future use within BET for the B&B department. The 3261 is a great radio, especially when you are running with the RR firmware.
    Radio Maintainer Out....

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by KB1KVD View Post
    That's BET facilities radio system. There is an mix mode repeater on site that is used by them.
    What's the tone on the analog side of this repeater?
    Jacob
    KB1VLA

Downloads
    Uploads

There is no tone listed here, CSQ.

http://scan-ne.net/wiki/index.php?ti...muter_Services
    CLYDE - N1BHH - A KNOW-CODE AMATEUR RADIO OPERATOR / WQWJ272 - GMRS
    Pro94 Pro106 Pro164 Pro197 Pro2006 Pro2015 Pro2021 Pro2055
    Yaesu's FT60R, FT2900R & FT8800R, Icom IC735, Motorola MTX9250 (900 MHz.)

Downloads
    Uploads

It's 100.0Hz.
    Radio Maintainer Out....

Downloads
    Uploads

Before we jump and update the Wiki with the tone, has anyone actually heard this via a Scanner ?
    All I keep hearing is CSQ/No PL

It's 100.0Hz.
    Bill Dunn N1KUG
    Cruise Ship Frequencies

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

Downloads
    Uploads

Since I maintain the radio system and have actually did the updates on that radio, I'm guessing it's right.
    Radio Maintainer Out....

Downloads
    Uploads

Who are we hearing then CSQ, so far unless right near BET we would not hear 100.0
    Just want to make sure the CSQ use is not removed from the Wiki as it is still being used somewhere

Since I maintain the radio system and have actually did the updates on that radio, I'm guessing it's right.
    Bill Dunn N1KUG
    Cruise Ship Frequencies

Downloads
    Uploads

Hello,

As mentioned in the first post, most tone use is as "Anti-PL". Several years ago, I noticed different base stations along the Fitchburg line and NEC, for example, transmitted different PL tones, while the trains did not. A similar idea is behind the 5 "channels" on 161.460. The base(s) used for the Mechanical Help Desk can be setup so tones used on the other four Mechanical "channels" will not open the squelch.

I might setup discovery in a scanner to record traffic on the BET frequency.

Besides hearing some voice, I am also hearing long sequences of varying tone frequencies on the 160.215 yard frequency. This seems to indicate use of a Remote Control Locomotive. I suspect Boston Engine Terminal as the signal seemed stronger than the voice and BET is using another frequency.

I also hear plenty of activity on the new Boston North Terminal District (161.415), including a train movement using the Grand Junction Running Track to Beacon Park. The track goes by the location of the MIT Fleamarket.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_..._Depot_Company

I commute on the Mass Pike westbound in the Morning and exit at the Allston tolls. I go by the demolition of the Beacon Park engine shed between the Allston exit and Soldiers Field Road. I came across this blog post about construction of the new Boston Landing station at the western end of Beacon Park.
    http://dbperry.weebly.com/blog/why-w...n-this-weekend

It is interesting to see a track diagram of Beacon Park in the early 1950s before the Mass Turnpike was built. The current satellite view indicates Beacon Park was more extensive, but it was huge before the Mass Turnpike. The Mass Turnpike gutted a lot of rail infrastructure. It appears the Grand Junction joins the Framingham mainline under an elevated section of the Mass Pike east of Beacon Park. The two new stations are near the locations of former B&A stations at Cambridge Street and Commonwealth Ave.

Website that has the 1950s track map of the Boston & Albany. I love railroad history.
    http://www.zekedev.com/sites/boston_line/

73 Eric
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BeaconPark.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	143.1 KB 
ID:	1627  

Downloads
    Uploads

We have the system setup with pl in and out. All of the 40 or so portables and about 10 mobile's on that repeater are pl in and out. The only system that so far has existed within the last couple of years that ran no pl on 161.475 was WHCI (east route code) system we have between Northy Point and Ispwich West. We moved that system over to a new frequency about 2 years ago due to interference from BET facilities repeater during times of atmospheric lift.
    Radio Maintainer Out....

Downloads
    Uploads

Interesting - now to track down who is still using CSQ

We have the system setup with pl in and out. All of the 40 or so portables and about 10 mobile's on that repeater are pl in and out. The only system that so far has existed within the last couple of years that ran no pl on 161.475 was WHCI (east route code) system we have between Northy Point and Ispwich West. We moved that system over to a new frequency about 2 years ago due to interference from BET facilities repeater during times of atmospheric lift.
    Bill Dunn N1KUG
    Cruise Ship Frequencies

Downloads
    Uploads

I would like to find that out too. Especially because I'm activly monitoring the repeater full pl and the only activity I've seen and verfied is full pl operation. Remember on the road channels pl is only used for the base radios (dispatchers) for tone knock down, and it has no bearing on anything other than for squelching other base radio's on frequency. This prevents the dispatchers from hearing an echo or squealing on the consoles.
    Radio Maintainer Out....

Downloads
    Uploads

One more location I forgot mention is Southhampton S&I facilities. They are portables only on 161.475 with full pl of 131.8Hz and they do not have a base radio or repeater.
    Radio Maintainer Out....