Downloads
    Uploads

Default Eastham DMR-MARC Repeater

Well thanks to the efforts of the NEDECN folks and the raising of the antenna at the Eastham NE1B repeater (145.360) I was able to make my first DMR contact on 2 meters tonight with W1MLL. The repeater will apparently be back on the network soon; looking forward to trying the full-fledged system. I know this is old hat to some of you guys but as far as I'm concerned it's a potential rekindling of my interest in amateur radio, which has been for a variety of reasons pretty much non-existent for years.

I'm using a Connect Systems CS751 portable into my tower mounted Comet GP-15, and probably just barely making it into the Eastham repeater, but good enough for starters.

I know a few of you that are obviously using DMR (yeah you Mullaney and JFR also), any other SNE members that have the capability?
    Scott - Scan New England Webmaster

Downloads
    Uploads

I just picked up a CS751 in December, haven't done much yacking on it yet, just listening.
    Jacob
    KB1VLA

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm strongly considering it. Much like you I've been away from the hobby for a while but am interested in getting back into it. My only concern is the coverage in my area. I'm not sure if either Reading or Marblehead would work from my location without a base antenna which is not an option right at the moment.
    Chris - KB1NVI

Downloads
    Uploads

Both Reading and Marblehead are "backyard" repeaters, so you probably wouldn't get into them without a base antenna.
    Jeff Lehmann - N1ZZN WQDJ863
    Hanson, MA

Downloads
    Uploads

Eastham was one of those as well until recently when its antenna was apparently moved to a higher location. It was mentioned to me that there may be another DMR repeater forthcoming much closer to my area. I don't have any more specifics nor did I pry, but that would be nifty if so.

In the meantime I've ordered a Connect Systems CS801, which with a max of 50 watts out will obviously provide a good deal more power than a 5 watt CS751, and should get me into Eastham without any problem.

I've also got a Tytera MD-380 for UHF use if I'm in other than New England areas, although I seem to recall reading somewhere that some users are unhappy with its TX audio. I've only ever used it to monitor Eversource (receive only programming of course) and thus have never keyed its transmitter.

Like I said I'm obviously late to the party but the concept of the way this network functions has definitely rekindled my interest. I've read that comment from a lot of hams during my research.
    Scott - Scan New England Webmaster

Downloads
    Uploads

I run two MD-380 VHF/UHF, a Vertex Standard EVX 539 VHF( my first DMR) and a Motorola XPR5550. I have been into DMR for a couple years now. Welcome to DMR

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by N1ZZN View Post
    Both Reading and Marblehead are "backyard" repeaters, so you probably wouldn't get into them without a base antenna.
    Thats what I was afraid of, it's unfortunate that there aren't any groups in my area interested in DMR with access to a decent repeater site
    Chris - KB1NVI

Downloads
    Uploads

Beside the southboro vhf repeater there is no DMR in central MA a lot of paper repeaters.