Thread: Daddy's Home 2

Downloads
    Uploads

Default Daddy's Home 2

Bill Dunn N1KUG
    Cruise Ship Frequencies
    http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

Downloads
    Uploads

I saw on Facebook that they were in Concord yesterday. They are also quite active in Framingham other days and in Boston as well.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ScanBoston View Post
    I saw on Facebook that they were in Concord yesterday. They are also quite active in Framingham other days and in Boston as well.
    Thanks for this, John. I was wondering what the activity & temporary traffic signs were all about in Concord Center during my commute. Will try to ferret out some freqs.
    Bruce
    Burlington, MA

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm sitting in my car right now in Concord -- two close call hits so far. Most interesting: 216.42 mhz (unless it's an image). No tone -- constant broadcast carrying director, actor dialog, and background conversations. Somebody was complaining about Hanscom's traffic messing up their sound.

Also 452.3 dcs 032 with unknown coordinators discussing who is going for lunch and for how long.
    Bruce
    Burlington, MA

Downloads
    Uploads

The second high-band VHF region for wireless microphones, 174-216MHz, is designated for broadcast and commercial film/video production.
    Primary users of this band are television channels 7-13.
    High quality audio is possible, transmission losses are minimal, and acceptable antenna sizes are possible.
    Interference from other users and general RFI exists, but it is much less likely than for low-band frequencies.
    In addition, there are ample frequencies available (mainly locally unused television channels) in almost any part of the US.

Quote Originally Posted by bfrederi View Post
    I'm sitting in my car right now in Concord -- two close call hits so far. Most interesting: 216.42 mhz (unless it's an image). No tone -- constant broadcast carrying director, actor dialog, and background conversations. Somebody was complaining about Hanscom's traffic messing up their sound.

Also 452.3 dcs 032 with unknown coordinators discussing who is going for lunch and for how long.
    Bill Dunn N1KUG
    Cruise Ship Frequencies

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by ecps92 View Post
    The second high-band VHF region for wireless microphones, 174-216MHz, is designated for broadcast and commercial film/video production.
    Primary users of this band are television channels 7-13.
    High quality audio is possible, transmission losses are minimal, and acceptable antenna sizes are possible.
    Interference from other users and general RFI exists, but it is much less likely than for low-band frequencies.
    In addition, there are ample frequencies available (mainly locally unused television channels) in almost any part of the US.
    Thanks Bill.

I'm having troube getting the correct mode on that freq...I've tried nfm, fm, wfm and none sound quite right. I didn'T try am.

Two additional freqs:
    452.2 dcs 031 on-set coord
    457.85 not enough traffic to get tone or usage

Back to work.

Downloads
    Uploads

IF I recall and others who use them please jump in, but it is WFM, more like FM Radio and I don't think the newer scanners due true WFM anymore
    Quote Originally Posted by bfrederi View Post
    Thanks Bill.

I'm having troube getting the correct mode on that freq...I've tried nfm, fm, wfm and none sound quite right. I didn'T try am.

Two additional freqs:
    452.2 dcs 031 on-set coord
    457.85 not enough traffic to get tone or usage

Back to work.
    Bill Dunn N1KUG
    Cruise Ship Frequencies

Downloads
    Uploads

Probably a wireless intercom system (Industry calls them wireless PL's) Often made by Clear Comm, Telex or RTS. As Bill said these usually share the wireless mic bands but movie folks look for ones way out of the way of all thier other wireless mics. So VHF is a great place for them leaving the UHF band open for all their other wireless.
    Last edited by ScanBoston; 04-20-2017 at 14:38.