Downloads
    Uploads

Default New Harwich DMR system on air

According to a Facebook by Harwich, their new "town wide" system is up and running
    I am hearing TRBO bursts on the two frequencies (856.1625 and 858.1625)
    I'm gonna try to program into my 436 but if anyone else has info please post
    Thanks
    TC

Downloads
    Uploads

Just read this on Facebook and was going to inquire as to the type of system it is. Thanks for updating.
    Mark,

Scan New England Moderator

On Twitter @marksheehan17

Downloads
    Uploads

From 5 seconds of listening I can tell this is a Capacity Plus system. More to follow as I scope it out further.
    Scott - Scan New England Webmaster

Downloads
    Uploads

Here is the license: http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsS...licKey=3945288

Color Code is 7. No voice activity yet.

Downloads
    Uploads

Being a holiday today this system is probably harder to start figuring out. That being said I have an anomaly that is interesting. The rest channel that is in use on 858.1625 is showing as channel 5. That doesn't make sense for a two frequency DMR trunked system, or I've not seen that behavior yet. However, I am seeing additional activity that visually appears to be Cap+ on 857.4375, which is ironically also licensed to the Town of Harwich for their fire station. It has remained constantly active this morning, while the rest channel for the two frequencies listed on the license rotates between them.

Downloads
    Uploads

Well 857.4375 is definitely Cap+ and is showing channel 1 as the rest channel. Also a color code of 7. Interesting...

Downloads
    Uploads

What is the programming format? Cap plus for the two frequencies and one frequency DMR for 857.4375?

Thanks,
    chuck

Downloads
    Uploads

From what Scott has posted, I'd program all three as Cap+ with 857.4375 being Channel 1/2, 856.1625 as 3/4, and 858.1625 as 5/6. License data for some of these newer systems is less than 100% accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by deacon View Post
    What is the programming format? Cap plus for the two frequencies and one frequency DMR for 857.4375?

Thanks,
    chuck
    We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by garys View Post
    From what Scott has posted, I'd program all three as Cap+ with 857.4375 being Channel 1/2, 856.1625 as 3/4, and 858.1625 as 5/6. License data for some of these newer systems is less than 100% accurate.
    The only thing that makes me hesitant about doing that is the two rest channels simultaneously in use. But, I don't have much experience monitoring Cap+ systems as most everything here is Con+. Hopefully tomorrow will be more telling as regular work days resume.

Downloads
    Uploads

I don't know if this thread gives you any insight into the situation. Here is the Wiki entry I put together for it. Why they do it this way, I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott SNE Webmaster View Post
    The only thing that makes me hesitant about doing that is the two rest channels simultaneously in use. But, I don't have much experience monitoring Cap+ systems as most everything here is Con+. Hopefully tomorrow will be more telling as regular work days resume.
    We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by garys View Post
    I don't know if this thread gives you any insight into the situation. Here is the Wiki entry I put together for it. Why they do it this way, I have no idea.
    Hmmm....very interesting. I'm going to program up my 325P2 in that manner and run it with ProScan tomorrow to see what it records. Thanks, Gary.

Downloads
    Uploads

Talkgroups 52 and 58 have been recorded by my ProScan setup. I'll try to listen to audio when I get home. Now, ironically, both of these TG's were heard on 857.4375!

Downloads
    Uploads

Numerous test counts on TG 52, some informal chat on TG 58 makes me think it "may" be their DPW. More to follow on that. All activity continues to be on the 857.4375 frequency, no hits at all on the other frequencies. I may be programmed incorrectly. Back to DSD+ when I can...

Downloads
    Uploads

For the Boston system I linked to, I listened as if it was two different systems. So, you might try looking at the other two to see if they are acting as a separate system. Just an idea.

Gary

Quote Originally Posted by Scott SNE Webmaster View Post
    Numerous test counts on TG 52, some informal chat on TG 58 makes me think it "may" be their DPW. More to follow on that. All activity continues to be on the 857.4375 frequency, no hits at all on the other frequencies. I may be programmed incorrectly. Back to DSD+ when I can...

Downloads
    Uploads

Well we are down to one rest channel now, which sat primarily on 857.4375 until a little while ago, now rolling over to 856.1625. While it was on .4375 I did notice TG 58 on 856.1625, so maybe this is a 3 frequency system after all. DSD+ is indicating "Current Channel is first Cap+ repeater (Ch1 & Ch2)".

Downloads
    Uploads

So, what is the proper way to program this on a 996P2 scanner using ARC XT software?
    Mark,

Scan New England Moderator

On Twitter @marksheehan17