Downloads
    Uploads

Default A couple of LTR updates

Hi all,

I've been parking my scanner with "LCN Finder" and trunking discovery features on a few of the LTR systems in the area when not otherwise monitoring things, and thought I'd update a few systems. Honestly none of this is terribly exciting news, but much of the data already out there is quite old.

County Comms - Georgetown
    http://scan-ne.net/wiki/index.php?ti...em_Frequencies

I have only seen LCN 01 and 02 active, consistent with ecps92's 2016.11.09 reconfirmation. 03 through 06 did not come up overnight on the LCN finder. I suspect the comment at the top of the page about stuff being moved over to NXDN is accurate.

Talkgroups heard yesterday:
    • 1-02-067 - Trucks signing on, and then "washing off" before heading out. (Makes me wonder if it's cement trucks or something, but pure conjecture on my part.)
    • 1-02-141 - EMS. Surely still "Northeast Regional Ambulance (Beverly Area)" as previously identified.
    • 1-02-151 - I only caught a few instances of FleetSync of MDC IDs, no voice. Not very active, but in use.
    • 1-02-155 - Some sort of school bus / student transportation. I'm sure N1BHH's "Safeway Transport (Kingston NH) Bus Co for MA/NH" ID is still accurate.
    • 1-02-175 - Some sort of school bus / student transportation. They refer to it as "Channel 4" when calling into "Base." Seems to match up with N1BHH's identification of it.

I also got some really nutty IDs, including 0-00-000 and 0-17-004, which sound like NXDN. I suspect my scanner is hallucinating TGIDs out of the NXDN signal. I don't have NXDN capability.

Dispatch Communications - Hudson/Nashua, NH
    Only the Boston one is listed: http://scan-ne.net/wiki/index.php?ti...unications_LTR

This isn't a new system, though.

I left the scanner on during Thursday's storm, and found the following TGs:
    • 0-01-019 - Sounds like they're plowing. Locations in Merrimack and Nashua.
    • 0-01-037 - Courtesy tone at the end of transmissions. Sounds like tow trucks in Nashua/Merrimack. Some units have very scratchy input.
    • 0-01-054 - Plowing snow. Someone asked to "switch to direct" and I didn't hear the rest.
    • 0-01-101 - Not very active; didn't get the gist of what type of user this is.
    • 0-01-102 - Plowing in Nashua area.
    • 0-01-107 - Little traffic; reference to plowing.
    • 0-01-151 - EMS. Very active.
    • 0-01-152 - EMS / chair cars. Referenced a W. Adams St. garage in Lowell, which is almost certainly PrideStar. Very active.
    • 0-01-153 - Plowing, but not much activity.

I can confirm the following LCNs:
    • 1 - 484.1625
    • 5 - 484.5625
    • 9 - 483.8875

(RadioReference reports an LCN 13 as also existing, but it does not seem active.)

Nothing too enthralling here, but figured I'd report what I've found.
    Matt
    Lowell, MA

Downloads
    Uploads

To add/clarify to Matt's report,
    On the County Communications system:
    Safeway Transport sold out to Durham School Services, Durham still using this talkgroup.
    1-02-025 Community Teamwork Buses no longer on this system, haven't been heard in over a year.

On the Dispatch Communications system:
    0-01-151 is PrideStar EMS Ambulance ops.
    0-01-152 is PrideStar EMS chair van ops.
    Also 2 additional talkgroups:
    0-01-021 S P & R Transportation Lowell area special ed buses and vans.
    0-01-030 Dee Bus Service North Middlesex Regional School District buses, also heard a Lunenburg Public Schools bus.

Mark

Downloads
    Uploads

Nice work. The NXDN sound isn't too surprising as County seems to be building out a couple of NXDN trunk systems. It's too early to know for sure, but it appears that some of the LTR frequencies are converting to NXDN. I expect that users will be transistioned when that happens.

Which system are those last three confirmed LCNs for? The link goes to the Boston system, but those frequencies don't appear there.
    We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by garys View Post
    Which system are those last three confirmed LCNs for? The link goes to the Boston system, but those frequencies don't appear there.
    Sorry about that, I should have made that clearer. What I was thinking in my head is that the linked wiki page was called "Dispatch Communications LTR," but it currently only describes their Boston LTR site. The Hudson site is run by the same company. But the LCNs I posted, as well as the TGIDs, are all for the Hudson site.

0-01-151 and 0-01-152 for PrideStar are on the Hudson site as well.
    Matt
    Lowell, MA

Downloads
    Uploads

Thanks, that makes sense. I don't have the Hudson site programmed in to my scanner, but probably will do that at some point.

It took me a bit to figure out that "Hudson" refers to NH, not MA. I didn't see a listing in the County Communications or the Metro Radio page. We'll have to figure out where to add that, but I think it's going to end up on the Metro Radio System page.

Quote Originally Posted by n1zyy View Post
    Sorry about that, I should have made that clearer. What I was thinking in my head is that the linked wiki page was called "Dispatch Communications LTR," but it currently only describes their Boston LTR site. The Hudson site is run by the same company. But the LCNs I posted, as well as the TGIDs, are all for the Hudson site.

0-01-151 and 0-01-152 for PrideStar are on the Hudson site as well.
    Last edited by garys; 01-10-2018 at 21:18.
    We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

Downloads
    Uploads

So the original intent [Database Submission] doesn't get lost in the FRAY, the discussion postings are moved to
    http://www.scan-ne.net/forums/showth...253#post144253

Nice work. The NXDN sound isn't too surprising as County seems to be building out a couple of NXDN trunk systems. It's too early to know for sure, but it appears that some of the LTR frequencies are converting to NXDN. I expect that users will be transistioned when that happens.

Bill Dunn N1KUG
    Cruise Ship Frequencies
    http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

Downloads
    Uploads

The Dispatch Site info and TG's have been updated in the Wiki
    Bill Dunn N1KUG
    Cruise Ship Frequencies

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

Downloads
    Uploads

The Hudson, NH system is part of Metro Repeater Service, so it actually belongs there. We have a page for that already, Metro Repeater Service. Dispatch Communications, County Communications, and Metro Repeater Service are all owned by the same people. It might make sense to make one big page and combine the information. It's not networked, so each set of talk group numbers has to be clearly identified in regards to which site it belongs to.

That sort of like the old analog ICE 900 system, where users were identified by tower.

It's confusing and makes FCC searching a bit more complicated. Here is the FCC search page for Metro Radio Service.

We should figure out how we want to present this so as to create the least amount of confusion.

Quote Originally Posted by ecps92 View Post

Downloads
    Uploads

[Scott] Metro can be deleted as they are one and the same company and the date has all now been migrated to Dispatch
    http://scan-ne.net/wiki/index.php?ti...unications_LTR
    The Hudson, NH system is part of Metro Repeater Service, so it actually belongs there. We have a page for that already, Metro Repeater Service. Dispatch Communications, County Communications, and Metro Repeater Service are all owned by the same people. It might make sense to make one big page and combine the information. It's not networked, so each set of talk group numbers has to be clearly identified in regards to which site it belongs to.

That sort of like the old analog ICE 900 system, where users were identified by tower.

It's confusing and makes FCC searching a bit more complicated. Here is the FCC search page for Metro Radio Service.

We should figure out how we want to present this so as to create the least amount of confusion.
    Bill Dunn N1KUG
    Cruise Ship Frequencies

Downloads
    Uploads

County is not the same as Metro and Dispatch.

Dave Unkles is the Metro and Dispatch
    Quimby is County

Bill Dunn N1KUG
    Cruise Ship Frequencies

Downloads
    Uploads

It might make sense to make one big page and combine the information. It's not networked, so each set of talk group numbers has to be clearly identified in regards to which site it belongs to.
    Looks like they've all been merged to http://scan-ne.net/wiki/index.php?ti...unications_LTR now; awesome. I agree that talkgroups should probably be per-site, though it looks like they're all combined right now.

I agree with ecps92; County Communications is not the same as Dispatch as far as I know. But as for Dispatch, as you say, the licenses are very confusing and spread between Dispatch, "DCC," Metro, and the owner's name. I'm going to spend some time trying to see what of the old Waltham system is still active next.
    Matt
    Lowell, MA

Downloads
    Uploads

I realized that while I was driving somewhere this morning and meant to correct it. Thanks. Just another "Senior Moment" I guess.

I see that you broke down the TGs by site, which will help with the confusion. At least it will help with my confusion.

Even though I don't spend a tremendous amount of time far enough north to hear the Hudson system on a regular basis, I'm going to add it to my scanners just to see how good it the coverage it.

Thanks,

Gary

County is not the same as Metro and Dispatch.

Dave Unkles is the Metro and Dispatch
    Quimby is County

Downloads
    Uploads

County info updated - thread now closed
    further discussion / exploration can occur in the Discussion forums
    http://www.scan-ne.net/forums/showth...253#post144253

Bill Dunn N1KUG
    Cruise Ship Frequencies