Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation County and Dispatch Analog LTR

Mark,

Is PrideStar on the Boston system?
    We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

Downloads
    Uploads

Matt , what scanner are you using to pull in these LCNs?. Jeff

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by garys
    Thanks, that makes sense. I don't have the Hudson site programmed in to my scanner, but probably will do that at some point.

It took me a bit to figure out that "Hudson" refers to NH, not MA. I didn't see a listing in the County Communications or the Metro Radio page. We'll have to figure out where to add that, but I think it's going to end up on the Metro Radio System page.

It's not a terribly interesting system to listen to, to be honest, but it comes in nice and strong at my QTH.

The Metro Repeater Service is interesting in its own right. I went for a little hike on Prospect Hill this summer, and found that this is all that remains of what used to be the ~300' tower it was on:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	21765512_10100697641627567_3596309389678343061_o.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	1870

Seems that the city eventually succeeded in having it torn down. The system still seems to be active, or at least did when I last listened a week ago or so. Some of the licenses seem to have had the Prudential added as a location, though at reduced power. It used to have a good signal up my way, but is a lot weaker now. I wonder if everyone will end up moved over to the Boston system eventually.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffkett View Post
    Matt , what scanner are you using to pull in these LCNs?. Jeff
    A Uniden BCD536HP. It has its quirks, but I've been pretty happy with it. I'm actually not completely sure how the LCN Finder feature works under the hood, but it does seem to work. Program up a system as LTR (or apparently, EDACS or MOTOTRBO, though I haven't used it on either of those), and it'll sit on the system and map out the LCNs. There is a really annoying quirk where, if you exit out of the search normally, it won't save or display any found LCNs unless it finds an LCN for every programmed frequency. But, if you press F+Sys to exit, it will prompt to save what it found. You will tear your hair out until you learn this -- I speak from experience.

It has also a "Discovery" mode where it can scan a frequency range, or talkgroups on a trunked system, and record audio for what it finds. Turns out there's a lot of junk on the air, but it's kind of fun when I'm not actively listening to put it in Discovery on a trunked system or random chunk of the band and let it record what it finds, then go back some time when I'm bored and listen to what it's found.
    Matt
    Lowell, MA

Downloads
    Uploads

There is another thread about this system somewhere here and there was some information that it was moved to the Prudential. I happened to be driving up and down I-95 in the Waltham area during the several days it took to take the tower down. It was pretty interesting to watch the bits I could.

I also discovered the F+Sys thing for Analyze and LCN Finder. Totally by accident. It's not well documented in the manual. I think I found it in the Easier to Read manual.

I'll try to get the Hudson site added to the appropriate Wiki page over the weekend. That's if no one else beats me to it. Now that I'm retired from full time work, ironically, I have less free time.
    We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm not sure if they are. I don't have that system programmed in. They are very active on the Hudson NH system, and their ambulances can hit the repeater from parts of Boston.
    S P & R Transportation has the contract for Cambridge Public Schools special ed transportation, I don't hear those buses on the Hudson system. They're likely on the Boston system.
    Mark

Downloads
    Uploads

That was my confusion. I doubt that they are on both, but it's possible. When I have some time I'll update my x36HP file with the Hudson trunk system. I'm not up there that often, but if the coverage is good enough, I might hear it when I'm traveling north of Boston.

Quote Originally Posted by MASSBUSMARK View Post
    I'm not sure if they are. I don't have that system programmed in. They are very active on the Hudson NH system, and their ambulances can hit the repeater from parts of Boston.
    S P & R Transportation has the contract for Cambridge Public Schools special ed transportation, I don't hear those buses on the Hudson system. They're likely on the Boston system.
    Mark

Downloads
    Uploads

Exclamation County and Dispatch Analog LTR

creating this thread to move postings from a DB Submission to the Discussion forums
    Posts created in the DB Submission forum will appear above as they were posted before

These are an Off-Shoot from
    http://www.scan-ne.net/forums/showth...of-LTR-updates
    Last edited by ecps92; 01-12-2018 at 08:13.
    Bill Dunn N1KUG
    Cruise Ship Frequencies
    http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

Downloads
    Uploads

I didn't realize there was an "Area Trunked Radio" forum here.

Thanks for splitting this out.
    Matt
    Lowell, MA

Downloads
    Uploads

Just trying to keep the Submission from getting lost in the haze

BTW - each TG has a Site now, it just needs to be populated and some were on the Waltham and Boston, so they do transfer between sites.

Not sure how long they are keeping the Analog up vs going DMR
    Quote Originally Posted by n1zyy View Post
    I didn't realize there was an "Area Trunked Radio" forum here.

Thanks for splitting this out.
    Bill Dunn N1KUG
    Cruise Ship Frequencies
    http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

Downloads
    Uploads

I'm especially interested in what might happen with the frequencies that are licensed as part of the system but that don't seem to be in the LTR system. They seem like the logical place to start a digital system.

From what I've seen, the "Waltham" system (quotes since it's not actually there anymore) uses 0 as an area code (0-01-123), but the Boston one has 1 as an area code (1-01-123). It also happens to be that the Boston system uses even LCNs and the Hudson and Waltham ones have odd LCNs. Might help figure out which TGID is where. I'm not sure yet if the TGIDs actually move between the systems, or if some customers were just migrated to the Boston site.
    Matt
    Lowell, MA