Police Communications Info:
    Worcester TRS F2 08-042

Fire/EMS Communications Info:
    Worcester TRS F3 Ops B 04-042

Other Agency Communications Info:

Scannerfeed Covering Event:
    Teamspeak Worcester Fire & EMS

Incident Details:
    Box 8-11 Lincoln St. at Harlow St for 24 Paine St. for a structure fire, companies had heavy smoke showing from a distance away.

Now striking a second alarm.
    Greg Lynskey
    W2GEL
    PT Dispatcher - Webster Police
    Member - Webster Emergency Management

Downloads
    Uploads

Worcester Fire also has reports of an auto accident with a fire and entrapment. This is reported to be directly behind the fire building. Sounds like this is the same.

Now confirmed, this is one in the same incident: Vehicle accident with entrapment, vehicle on fire extended to a house, sounds like heavy fire in the house. Requesting a 2nd alarm and EMS with a push.

AVOID THE LINCOLN ST AREA

Ops A 04-041 also.
    Greg Lynskey
    W2GEL

Downloads
    Uploads

Correction on PD talkgroup, they are on F1 08-041 East Dispatch
    Greg Lynskey
    W2GEL

Downloads
    Uploads

Car 1 now on scene along with both working district chiefs, acting deputy chief and several other district chiefs. This incident is now 1 engine and 1 ladder beyond a second alarm. Command requesting "large lines" to be charged. Car 3 reporting has one civilian male with serious burns and injuries.

Safety reporting rear stairway of the building has collapsed as a result of the impact of the truck.

1st alarm engines:
    Engine 8
    Engine 16
    Engine 3
    Engine 11

Ladders:
    Ladder 2
    Ladder 1
    Ladder 6

Rescue 1

Car 4

2nd alarm Engines:
    Engine 2
    Engine 12

Ladder 5

Car 3

Additional Companies
    Engine 13 (dispatched to report of the accident)
    Ladder 3 (dispatched to report of the accident)
    Car 2
    Car 5
    Car 7 Safety
    Car 9
    Greg Lynskey
    W2GEL

Downloads
    Uploads

Priority-2 on the 2 transported victims

This was an MVA that occurred at Forbes @ Lincoln St, which forced a Jeep down an embankment, against the house. This is a steep embankment and there are numerous storage containers and sheds, possibly containing welding gasses and numerous chemicals.

Downloads
    Uploads

Red Cross and Utilites to be notified (Electric already o/s)

I am very close with the family that lives at this house. They occupy 2 of the floors. Pretty sure there are no other tenants.

Downloads
    Uploads

Downloads
    Uploads

WFD Chaplain notified and responding, unsure of reasoning.

Downloads
    Uploads

O/S EMS req'd for injured FF.

Downloads
    Uploads

CBS 4 just broke in with one of there Cameras from one of the Buildings or tower near by showing the smoke coming from the current Incident.

Downloads
    Uploads

Quote Originally Posted by Riggs
    CBS 4 just broke in with one of there Cameras from one of the Buildings or tower...
    That would be the WBZ studio located at 446 Main Street in the Sovereign Bank tower, downtown Worcester. They have a fully remote controllable camera (X/Y movement, focus, zoom) that can be controlled from any internet browser and video is then fed via fiber back to Boston.

Downloads
    Uploads

Red Cross ETA is about 45 Minutes and a 18 wheeler caused the jeep Wrangler to hit the house via FOX 25

Downloads
    Uploads

Address correction: 34 Paine Street

More EMS req'd for multiple FF evaluations

Downloads
    Uploads

Multiple media birds over-head, top stories on 5:30 broadcasts.

Downloads
    Uploads

Just got in from a visit down at the scene. Chief Sullivan gave me a quick rundown of the ops for tonight. A crane company has been contacted and is enroute to lift the ~18 yard dumptruck out of the backyard. The grade is too steep to drag is back out the way that it, well, got there... and a corner of the house would have to be demolished to get it out through the driveway.

Direnzo's Towing and Recovery is o/s, which is still a strange sight for me. Lovey's has always had the HD T&R for this whole area.

2 reps from the trucking company are o/s with unlettered shirts. Officals are very tightlipped about the business name. I could've gotten an easy look at the doors of the cab *IF* there was a cab. I'm guessing it was fiberglass and has since turned into a gas substance.

Typical news media with the uplink trucks lining Paine Street.

At least 2 units from the MSP Truck Team o/s, along with WPD Traffic.

E-10 has firewatch for this operation. C3 was o/a as I headed up for a different view on Lincoln St.

I'll be heading back up once the crane gets situated. This should be a very interesting process.

Pics to follow in a few hours.

Downloads
    Uploads

What a day/night. It's very unbelievable to know and see A) exactly what this place ONCE looked like, B) what it NOW looks like, and C) how it got to look the way it does. You often hear the "it's a miracle..." cliche, and that can very easily be applied here. On any normal day, there would've been people in the house and a very smart guy fixing electric cars or motorcycles in the backyard.

So let's see... I made it back down there around 2230 and found a tree service cutting some arbor out of the way in order to yank what was left of the truck. I hadn't seen a crane o/s at that time, but there was a LARGE amount of Direnzo's trucks filling up Teddy's Cleaners parking lot.

Firewatch has been rotating every hour and a half or so.

As I type this it sounds like the remnants have been removed as all precautionary measures (charged lines, EMS) are being shut down.

23:00 media had some (typically) conflicting info, including the fact that there were people home at the time (which there was not) and that the driver of the Jeep was an unlicensed young girl (which a majority of info has said it was a 50-something year old woman).

6/20 @ 01:18, "Car-3 to Fire Alarm, All out on the box... Car-3 is returning"

Anyways, I'll leave the rest up for the T&G update in the morning, which I will obviously post a snippet of. Now, the pics... unless you haven't been watching the usual suspects on TV, you probably won't find these too informative. Had I posted them earlier, it might've meant something! Just a potpourri of what I captured.

Click each image for full-size.

The wreckage. (Notice the mound of dirt that spilled out of the dump... I could walk up that pile and touch the second floor porch window)

The embankment.

The hill from which the truck came.

Tree climbin'.

More pics here.

bloom Guest

Thanks for the pictures.

I'm glad to hear that your friends weren't home so they weren't injured. Hopefully no serious injuries to the FFs.

Jim
    KB1MZE

Downloads
    Uploads

News updates:

From the T&G:
    WORCESTER— The driver of a 10-wheel dump truck lost control on gravel-covered Forbes Street yesterday, and the truck hit a Jeep on Lincoln Street, then barreled over an embankment and slammed into the back of a Paine Street three-decker, setting it ablaze ... The family was shopping at BJ’s Wholesale Club at the time of the accident, according to Ms. Ascrizzi. A friend called to tell them about the fire, and they rushed home, she said.
    Said "friend" also goes by the alias "ScanWorcester"

From WBZ:
    Investigators have cited the construction company that owned the dump truck involved in a fiery crash in Worcester on Monday.

An investigation by Worcester and State Police found the truck had inoperative breaks ... CBS4 has also learned inspectors found safety issues with two other vehicles owned by Borges Construction.
    MSP Truck Team was conducting a thorough investigation this morning at and around the accident and construction scenes, which is where at least one of the Borges trucks were towed from for leaking/failing hydraulic brake lines.

Downloads
    Uploads

From the T&G Breaking News
    http://www.telegram.com/apps/pbcs.dl...RT01/60626002:

Driver in truck accident dies

By Scott J. Croteau

WORCESTER— The driver whose dump truck went over an embankment and caught fire on Paine Street a week ago died over the weekend at a Boston hospital.

Michael J. Malaquias, 29, of Springfield, who was severely burned in the accident, died on Saturday at Massachusetts General Hospital, according to police.

Mr. Malaquias was working for Borges Construction Co. in the Forbes Street area about 4 p.m. Monday when the brakes malfunctioned on his 14-wheel dump truck. The truck sped down Forbes Street, struck a Jeep driving north on Lincoln Street,and then continued through the parking lot of a dry cleaning business. The truck went over an embankment and hit the back of 34 Paine St. before catching fire.

The driver of the Jeep, Janice Allen, 56, of Ashburnham, suffered three broken ribs and other injuries. She received treatment at UMass Memorial Medical Center - University Campus in Worcester and was released, according to authorities.

Mr. Malaquias was married to Lisette (Silva) Malaquias and had two children, Jaden Michael and Kassie Leah, according to an obituary from Ludlow Funeral Home.

Investigators are reviewing the accident with officials from district attorney’s office. Worcester police determined the accident was caused by faulty brakes, and investigators issued citations against Borges Construction.

Soon after the accident, the state police Commercial Vehicle Enforcement Section pulled two of the company's other trucks out of service.