HomePatrol-2 Low Batteries

Scanners, antennas, coax, filters, amplifiers, demodulators...you get the idea. Scanning equipment questions, answers, and discussion belongs here!

npdexplorer911

HomePatrol-2 Low Batteries

#1 Post by npdexplorer911 » 30 Mar 2018 05:51

I recently picked up a used HomePatrol-2 a few weeks ago. The batteries only last a few minutes before I get the low battery warning. I have charged the batteries through the HP-2 and also using a seperate battery charger. I purchased akaline batteries and that worked for the first hour/day. The next morning I keep getting the same low battery warning. It goes off a few times then the battery meter shows green and that only lasts a few minutes until I get the low battery warning.
I primarily use the HP-2 in my car. I use an external speaker powered off a cigar lighter, but when I have the HP-2 plugged in, I get feedback through the speaker.

Anyone else have problems with low battery warnings with their HP-2? If I direct wire the speaker into the car insread of the cigar plug will that correct some of the feedback when I have my scanner plugged?

Thank you

MrSvenSven
SNE and Wiki Moderator

Re: HomePatrol-2 Low Batteries

#2 Post by MrSvenSven » 30 Mar 2018 10:12

Get a ground loop isolator. It's a transformer that goes in line with the audio and prevents DC current from flowing while both the speaker and scanner are plugged into power.

npdexplorer911

Re: HomePatrol-2 Low Batteries

#3 Post by npdexplorer911 » 30 Mar 2018 13:52

Thank you
I will try it!