BCD536HP and NXDN

Scanners, antennas, coax, filters, amplifiers, demodulators...you get the idea. Scanning equipment questions, answers, and discussion belongs here!

W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

BCD536HP and NXDN

#1 Post by W1KNE » 17 Jun 2019 12:50

So I spent a little bit in Providence RI to pick up the lifespan stuff, which has a lot of NXDN now.

However I noticed that on my 536HP, when I pick up a NXDN system and switch over to the Quick Search mode, it won't display a TG.
(Always displays a TG of 0).

Do NXDN systems use TGs? If so, is this a bug in this model of scanner or a bug in my receiver?
Mike Fitzpatrick
Broadcast Engineer - RF Enthusiast
Owner: Scan New England - NECRAT.US
Issues with Scan New England can be privately addressed to me. W1KNE at scan-ne.com.

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator

Re: BCD536HP and NXDN

#2 Post by garys » 17 Jun 2019 19:49

Trunked or conventional? I'm not familiar with that system.

I don't have any conventional NXDN in my x36HP scanners, but I do get TGs and UIDs on the three trunked systems I listen to. NXDN trunking uses a weird system, IMHO, for TGs and UNID. At least weird compared to DMR. The TG appears to be just another UID.

If you don't have the scanner set to display UID, then you might try turning that on. You should see UID and Aliases, at least on trunking systems.

Gary
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

#3 Post by W1KNE » 17 Jun 2019 20:49

garys wrote:
17 Jun 2019 19:49
Trunked or conventional? I'm not familiar with that system.

I don't have any conventional NXDN in my x36HP scanners, but I do get TGs and UIDs on the three trunked systems I listen to. NXDN trunking uses a weird system, IMHO, for TGs and UNID. At least weird compared to DMR. The TG appears to be just another UID.

If you don't have the scanner set to display UID, then you might try turning that on. You should see UID and Aliases, at least on trunking systems.

Gary
Conventional.
Remember, on the "quick search" function, it will display all parameters, including UIDs, regardless of your setup. The DMR systems always show the TGs, but the NXDN ones won't.

Really hope Uniden comes out with a scanner that has the display capabilities of the SDS series, and the engine of the x36 series.
Mike Fitzpatrick
Broadcast Engineer - RF Enthusiast
Owner: Scan New England - NECRAT.US
Issues with Scan New England can be privately addressed to me. W1KNE at scan-ne.com.

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator

#4 Post by garys » 17 Jun 2019 21:22

That's odd. I'd have been happy with a better display on the 536HP. It wasn't the size so much as the lack of brightness on the back lighting. That said, I do like my SDS the more I get used to it.

The conventional thing is weird. You might want to ask on RR, since there is a larger user base.
W1KNE wrote:
17 Jun 2019 20:49
Conventional.
Remember, on the "quick search" function, it will display all parameters, including UIDs, regardless of your setup. The DMR systems always show the TGs, but the NXDN ones won't.

Really hope Uniden comes out with a scanner that has the display capabilities of the SDS series, and the engine of the x36 series.
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

OceanNora

#5 Post by OceanNora » 19 Jun 2019 00:25

On my 436, on the conventional NXDN channels do not show TG information. If they do, it either shows "-" or "0".