Cheap UHF P25

Discuss any non-radio topic. Just about anything goes. Be civil, and NO FLAME WARS are allowed! Kick back...relax...have a virtual beer...it's on the house! Welcome to the Bar & Grille!
JBP

Cheap UHF P25

#1 Post by JBP » 07 Feb 2017 17:10

So I'm a bit of an ebay addict and my hunting has revealed one thing recently, the Washington DC Police department recently auctioned off all their old radios and they are showing up in droves on everyone's favorite used electronics site.

What does this mean for you? P25 UHF radios for under $100 are very easy to find at this time.

The radios are XTS3000 Model II radios with the "S" (450-512) bandsplit. I know lots of people don't like to fuss with the 3ks but it's certainly a good starter radio esp. at this price.

Just thought I'd pass this along if others wanted to take advantage.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOTOROLA-ASTRO- ... Sw5cNYiOUG

(I'm not the seller, nor can I vouch for them)

I've bought one of these radios so far and it was perfect for me since I live in a town where the police are on P25 but I've never taken the plunge on a digital scanner.

These aren't going to fit everyone's needs (the max length of a scan list is 10 channels) but there is still a limited enough amount of P25 around that I assume there are others in a similar situation to me.
Jeremy
KB1REQ (DMR-MARC: 3125125)
Mansfield