Connect Systems CS800D Dual Band DMR Radio on Sale

Discuss any non-radio topic. Just about anything goes. Be civil, and NO FLAME WARS are allowed! Kick back...relax...have a virtual beer...it's on the house! Welcome to the Bar & Grille!
Scott SNE Webmaster

Connect Systems CS800D Dual Band DMR Radio on Sale

#1 Post by Scott SNE Webmaster » 19 Oct 2017 13:58

For a limited time, the Connect Systems CS800D dual band DMR radio is on sale for $250 via their website, http://www.connectsystems.com . This is apparently only good through Sunday 10/22 and is a special they're running during a convention called "Pacificon" that starts tomorrow.

Programming cables are for whatever reason NOT included in this sale (apparently they are when the radio is sold for its normal $399 price) but they are available separately for $15, which includes both necessary cables for programming and firmware updates.

The normal listing for the radio at the website will still show as $399, but the following link lists it as $250. http://www.csi-radios.com/cs800d-dual-b ... ile-radio/

I owned a CS801 VHF mobile for a while in my first DMR go-round, and it was a solid performer. I placed an order today for the 800D and I expect it will be an all-around good performer on both digital and analog repeaters and frequencies.
Scott - Scan New England Webmaster

ScanBoston

#2 Post by ScanBoston » 19 Oct 2017 16:24

Thanks Scott I'm trying one too.

Scott SNE Webmaster

#3 Post by Scott SNE Webmaster » 19 Oct 2017 21:37

ScanBoston wrote:Thanks Scott I'm trying one too.
Good deal. The CS801 I had was built like a tank. This should be a great radio. Connect Systems has very good customer service. I had recently picked up a TYT MD-9600 but that radio, while a beauty in appearance, was definitely NOT ready to be sold. The vendor I dealt with surely became aware of this fact and graciously allowed me to return it.

There is a good codeplug at NEDECN for the 800D as well.
Scott - Scan New England Webmaster