New Cape Police Intercity on Cape Zone 4 system.

Discussion forum for scanning Cape Cod & the Islands, including Barnstable, Dukes, and Nantucket counties.
Wqwy879

New Cape Police Intercity on Cape Zone 4 system.

#1 Post by Wqwy879 » 22 Mar 2019 07:24

On Talkgroup 38800 there is the new Cape Cod Police Intercity. The Barnstable County Sheriff's Office runs the Mutual Aid Network. They do a Daily Roll Call at 10am everyday. All the towns reply when they are called. Mema, Msp Yarmouth, Msp Bourne, Msp Middleboro, and Dukes County Sheriff is also on the Network. This is quite a busy Talkgroup. You hear BOLOs and towns calling for assistance to other towns when they need it. They also announce Road Closures and Construction sites when they are on busy roads. I believe this is fairly new. Unsure if anyone was aware of this talkgroup so I'd figure I'd share.

ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Re: New Cape Police Intercity on Cape Zone 4 system.

#2 Post by ecps92 » 22 Mar 2019 07:47

38800 has been around for [atleast 2012] years. Monitoring seems to indicate this is a patch from LPS-6 [36496], however I will defer to those on the sand-bar for better clarification

Wqwy879 wrote:
22 Mar 2019 07:24
On Talkgroup 38800 there is the new Cape Cod Police Intercity. The Barnstable County Sheriff's Office runs the Mutual Aid Network. They do a Daily Roll Call at 10am everyday. All the towns reply when they are called. Mema, Msp Yarmouth, Msp Bourne, Msp Middleboro, and Dukes County Sheriff is also on the Network. This is quite a busy Talkgroup. You hear BOLOs and towns calling for assistance to other towns when they need it. They also announce Road Closures and Construction sites when they are on busy roads. I believe this is fairly new. Unsure if anyone was aware of this talkgroup so I'd figure I'd share.
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

jeffkett
SNE and Wiki Moderator

#4 Post by jeffkett » 27 Mar 2019 21:13

This T/G has been around for a bit. It has been referred to as the "Hot Line". As mentioned.... Daily radio checks/ Roll Call with all Cape / Islands / State Agencies . I guess you could almost compare to a BAPERN. Jeff

Mark SNE Moderator
SNE and Wiki Moderator

#5 Post by Mark SNE Moderator » 29 Mar 2019 20:31

It's Barnstable County Sheriff's talk group for the most part but it is used similar to BAPERN for Cape PD's to talk to each other.
Mark,

Scan New England Moderator

On Twitter @marksheehan17

ScanBoston
SNE and Wiki Moderator

#6 Post by ScanBoston » 30 Mar 2019 10:34

I remember back in the day listening to them all on highband and they'd still test like this on channel 1.