Bridgewater PD (Was: Warwick PD P25)

Discussion forum for scanning Southeastern Massachusetts, including Bristol and Plymouth counties.
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
garys
Posts: 3076
Joined: 29 Aug 2005 13:07

Bridgewater PD (Was: Warwick PD P25)

#1 Post by garys » 01 Feb 2018 16:58

I was listening to 453.825 and discovered that Boston Water and Sewer has converted to DMR. All of that is AVL and ARS, but I also heard P25 audio. That seems to be Warwick PD with a NAC of 270. No encryption. I don't see that in the Wiki, so I thought I'd mention it here to see if that's correct.
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

User avatar
W1KNE
Posts: 3943
Joined: 19 Aug 2005 12:00
Location: Taunton, MA
Contact:

#2 Post by W1KNE » 01 Feb 2018 20:56

That is confirmed.
Warwick's Secondary has gone P25 with that NAC. I will update the WIKI and RR.
The primary is still analog at 210.7
Monitoring to see if the other channels have changed.
Image

User avatar
garys
Posts: 3076
Joined: 29 Aug 2005 13:07

#3 Post by garys » 01 Feb 2018 21:55

Thanks. I really just stumbled on that. It confused me at first, because the signal strength was roughly equal. DSD+ was showing weird results because it was seeing both signals simultaneously.
W1KNE wrote:That is confirmed.
Warwick's Secondary has gone P25 with that NAC. I will update the WIKI and RR.
The primary is still analog at 210.7
Monitoring to see if the other channels have changed.
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

User avatar
ecps92
Posts: 4714
Joined: 07 Dec 2005 19:26
Location: South Shore, MA
Contact:

#4 Post by ecps92 » 03 Feb 2018 09:27

Caught some of that P25, maybe someone local can confirm, but the accents did not seem to match the analog - the P25 might be elsewhere
W1KNE wrote:That is confirmed.
Warwick's Secondary has gone P25 with that NAC. I will update the WIKI and RR.
The primary is still analog at 210.7
Monitoring to see if the other channels have changed.
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

User avatar
W1KNE
Posts: 3943
Joined: 19 Aug 2005 12:00
Location: Taunton, MA
Contact:

#5 Post by W1KNE » 03 Feb 2018 10:17

OK I am able to confirm it is not Warwick. I heard back from a radio vendor, they have not switched to P25, nor any plans to. I heard a records check come back to a party out of Cranston, and assumed it was Warwick.
Image

User avatar
ecps92
Posts: 4714
Joined: 07 Dec 2005 19:26
Location: South Shore, MA
Contact:

#6 Post by ecps92 » 03 Feb 2018 10:59

BWSC has added new Freqs
http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSear ... ToReturn=1
garys wrote:I was listening to 453.825 and discovered that Boston Water and Sewer has converted to DMR. All of that is AVL and ARS, but I also heard P25 audio. That seems to be Warwick PD with a NAC of 270. No encryption. I don't see that in the Wiki, so I thought I'd mention it here to see if that's correct.
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

User avatar
garys
Posts: 3076
Joined: 29 Aug 2005 13:07

#7 Post by garys » 03 Feb 2018 11:19

They've had .725 and .825 forever. I never understood why they didn't move to the city trunk system. Maybe has something to do with being a Commission and not a city agency. The .3375 frequency is new and I heard nothing on it last week. I'll let DSD+ sit on it next week.

There are a good number of users converting from analog to digital, so I expect more changes in both RI and MA.
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

User avatar
garys
Posts: 3076
Joined: 29 Aug 2005 13:07

#8 Post by garys » 03 Feb 2018 11:20

That's interesting. More listening is in order.

W1KNE wrote:OK I am able to confirm it is not Warwick. I heard back from a radio vendor, they have not switched to P25, nor any plans to. I heard a records check come back to a party out of Cranston, and assumed it was Warwick.
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

User avatar
W1KNE
Posts: 3943
Joined: 19 Aug 2005 12:00
Location: Taunton, MA
Contact:

#9 Post by W1KNE » 03 Feb 2018 12:33

Potentially Townsend? Town has a P25 emission designator on their license.
Image

User avatar
ecps92
Posts: 4714
Joined: 07 Dec 2005 19:26
Location: South Shore, MA
Contact:

#10 Post by ecps92 » 03 Feb 2018 13:13

Delta just got a DMR Trunk licensed for Terminal A - two sites
garys wrote:They've had .725 and .825 forever. I never understood why they didn't move to the city trunk system. Maybe has something to do with being a Commission and not a city agency. The .3375 frequency is new and I heard nothing on it last week. I'll let DSD+ sit on it next week.

There are a good number of users converting from analog to digital, so I expect more changes in both RI and MA.
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

User avatar
W1KNE
Posts: 3943
Joined: 19 Aug 2005 12:00
Location: Taunton, MA
Contact:

#11 Post by W1KNE » 03 Feb 2018 16:59

Edit
I believe this is Bridgewater or Bridgewater State U (Although not sure why they would dispatch to an accident far off campus). This is not the University
453.8250 $270
PD base referred to themselves as "Station J", and the cruiser called the dispatch "J4".
They responded to an accident at Cumberland Farms on Pleasant St. (There are Cumbies on Pleasant St in Attleboro, and Brockton as well).
Attleboro and Brockton are on their respective normal channels as dispatching

Bridgewater's normal frequency is being used as a secondary channel as of this writing, based on the types of comms.
Image

User avatar
W1KNE
Posts: 3943
Joined: 19 Aug 2005 12:00
Location: Taunton, MA
Contact:

#12 Post by W1KNE » 03 Feb 2018 17:13

More evidence about this being Bridgewater. Call for a cruiser to go to a Main St address and he mentioned he was "Central Square" which is in Bridgewater.
Image

User avatar
garys
Posts: 3076
Joined: 29 Aug 2005 13:07

#13 Post by garys » 03 Feb 2018 19:58

Nice work. That would definitely explain why I was getting it so well. Bridgewater is just a couple of towns. As Bill tells us, sometimes things show up on frequencies without licenses.
W1KNE wrote:OK Confirmed via multiple sources, including someone "in the know" this is Bridgewater PD. Currently in a "testing phase". The frequency may even change too.

The analog is still technically the primary.

Due to this, I have moved the thread to the SE Mass Forum.
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

User avatar
garys
Posts: 3076
Joined: 29 Aug 2005 13:07

#14 Post by garys » 03 Feb 2018 20:08

On one or both frequencies? That's going to be interesting too. I was able to check the GPS locations using Bing Maps. All of the ones I put in were in Boston, not near the airport. The Delta system could be very low power for use inside the terminal and maybe the cargo building.

ecps92 wrote:Delta just got a DMR Trunk licensed for Terminal A - two sites
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

User avatar
ecps92
Posts: 4714
Joined: 07 Dec 2005 19:26
Location: South Shore, MA
Contact:

#15 Post by ecps92 » 04 Feb 2018 09:22

[altho we are hijacking the thread]
WRAR238
42 21 47.8 N, 071 01 30.0 W = address of 100 Terminal A and maps right to the FAR Side - near the Fire Boat Dock
42 22 10.4 N, 071 01 05.4 W = adderess 100 Terminal A but maps right to Terminal E - close enough to say "airport"

Again, I think you need a new map or some lessons with google-earth/google maps
I even tried bing maps and they put it right at the same locations.
garys wrote:On one or both frequencies? That's going to be interesting too. I was able to check the GPS locations using Bing Maps. All of the ones I put in were in Boston, not near the airport. The Delta system could be very low power for use inside the terminal and maybe the cargo building.
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

User avatar
garys
Posts: 3076
Joined: 29 Aug 2005 13:07

#16 Post by garys » 04 Feb 2018 10:03

If that's how the coordinates should go into Google Maps, then you just taught something. I wasn't putting in N and W and had the decimal in the wrong place. I just put the first set of coordinates in as you listed them and it shows Harborside Drive, which is the back of Terminal A. The other set does go right to Terminal E. So, now I'll play around with that and see if the coordinates in the FCC database map out correctly. Thanks.

That being said, I was less than clear when I was talking about plugging coordinates into Bing and Google. I was reading coordinates off of the DSD+ screen. DSD+ will diplay that data as vehicles send updates back to the server. Some systems, I think Canton DPW is one, send data on one slot and voice on the other. Anyway, what I was doing was plugging data into the map and seeing where particular vehicles were located. Which told me that it was Water and Sewer.
ecps92 wrote:[altho we are hijacking the thread]
WRAR238
42 21 47.8 N, 071 01 30.0 W = address of 100 Terminal A and maps right to the FAR Side - near the Fire Boat Dock
42 22 10.4 N, 071 01 05.4 W = adderess 100 Terminal A but maps right to Terminal E - close enough to say "airport"

Again, I think you need a new map or some lessons with google-earth/google maps
I even tried bing maps and they put it right at the same locations.
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

MrSvenSven
Posts: 736
Joined: 24 May 2007 10:27
Location: Worcester

#17 Post by MrSvenSven » 05 Feb 2018 09:22

W1KNE wrote:Potentially Townsend? Town has a P25 emission designator on their license.
There is a constant data signal on 453.8250 that comes in so strong that I have never been able to hear Townsend without being right close to town. My scanner was always hearing the data. It took me quite a while to confirm Townsend PD last summer.
57446

User avatar
W1KNE
Posts: 3943
Joined: 19 Aug 2005 12:00
Location: Taunton, MA
Contact:

#18 Post by W1KNE » 10 Feb 2018 12:37

As of this morning, 453.8250 is simulcasting Bridgewater University Police.
Image

User avatar
W1KNE
Posts: 3943
Joined: 19 Aug 2005 12:00
Location: Taunton, MA
Contact:

#19 Post by W1KNE » 17 Feb 2018 11:16

This is Bridgewater State University's new frequency. The analog went silent on Friday, and all comms have been here only.
I will update the WIKI shortly.
Image

User avatar
ecps92
Posts: 4714
Joined: 07 Dec 2005 19:26
Location: South Shore, MA
Contact:

Re: Bridgewater PD

#20 Post by ecps92 » 11 Mar 2018 10:47

Pending FCC
http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/Applica ... D=10787844
W1KNE wrote:
17 Feb 2018 11:16
This is Bridgewater State University's new frequency. The analog went silent on Friday, and all comms have been here only.
I will update the WIKI shortly.
Last edited by W1KNE on 11 Mar 2018 13:19, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Some reason the subject line keeps disappearing. Re-added it.

Post Reply