ICE MotoTRBO TRS Decoding Project

A forum for discussion of the many trunked radio systems in and around our listening area.
Message
Author
garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator
Posts: 3409
Joined: 29 Aug 2005 13:07

Re: ICE MotoTRBO TRS Decoding Project

#176 Post by garys » 03 Aug 2019 16:15

garys wrote:
03 Aug 2019 14:25
If you look down thread, you'll see a couple of posts where we discuss the "Pine Hill" tower. I think it's called Pine HIll, although I didn't see it listed as such on Google Maps. If you sit in the parking lot for the Prospect Hill Park and look across the street, you'll see that tower. Which is how I stumbled across is back in June.

For those who might care, the tower is sited on Sachem Street in Waltham. I wasn't able to find any tower information, but I'm sure someone else will be able to.

It's up at the top of the hill, right in a residential neighborhood.

Good work on Perfection by you and disp617. The locations I heard mentioned fit in perfectly with where they generally go.


ScanBoston wrote:
03 Aug 2019 07:14
There is no Industrial site on Prospect Hill in Waltham. As you know the Antico tower was removed after the battle with the city so only the city's site remains there now. You have the American Tower sites across the highway on Bear Hill and another tower that you can see to the east a little north that I think is called Pine Hill. Perfection Towing in Watertown moved from the Dispatch Communication system to Industrial after the Antico tower left so that is still a pretty active towing company in the area that hasn't been identified. They work on the Pike for the MSP a lot.
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

disp617
Posts: 288
Joined: 01 Sep 2005 00:09
Location: Central Mass

Re: ICE MotoTRBO TRS Decoding Project

#177 Post by disp617 » 04 Aug 2019 08:13

garys wrote:
03 Aug 2019 14:25
If you look down thread, you'll see a couple of posts where we discuss the "Pine Hill" tower. I think it's called Pine HIll, although I didn't see it listed as such on Google Maps. If you sit in the parking lot for the Prospect Hill Park and look across the street, you'll see that tower. Which is how I stumbled across is back in June.

It's up at the top of the hill, right in a residential neighborhood.

Good work on Perfection by you and disp617. The locations I heard mentioned fit in perfectly with where they generally go.


ScanBoston wrote:
03 Aug 2019 07:14
There is no Industrial site on Prospect Hill in Waltham. As you know the Antico tower was removed after the battle with the city so only the city's site remains there now. You have the American Tower sites across the highway on Bear Hill and another tower that you can see to the east a little north that I think is called Pine Hill. Perfection Towing in Watertown moved from the Dispatch Communication system to Industrial after the Antico tower left so that is still a pretty active towing company in the area that hasn't been identified. They work on the Pike for the MSP a lot.
Here are some of their radio ids I have found so far.

PERFECTION BASE 15230
PERFECTION TRUCK 67 15562
PERFECTION TRUCK 72 15235
PERFECTION TRUCK 74 15232
PERFECTION TRUCK 75 15239
PERFECTION TRUCK 77 15236
PERFECTION TRUCK 78 15234
PERFECTION TRUCK 79 15231
PERFECTION TRUCK 80 15237
PERFECTION TRUCK 81 15238
PERFECTION TRUCK XX 15233

Paul

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator
Posts: 3409
Joined: 29 Aug 2005 13:07

Re: ICE MotoTRBO TRS Decoding Project

#178 Post by garys » 04 Aug 2019 11:14

I don't think we post individual IDs as a rule. I know we don't for Law Enforcement, and don't think we do for private companies either. Occasionally, I have put in UIDs for base stations, but I don't know if we can still do that.

Not only that, but it takes up a fair amount of space in our format.

Still, nothing will stop me from adding that to my DSD file! :)
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

ScanBoston
SNE and Wiki Moderator
Posts: 3308
Joined: 19 Aug 2005 12:00
Location: Boston Area
Contact:

Re: ICE MotoTRBO TRS Decoding Project

#179 Post by ScanBoston » 04 Aug 2019 11:17

I'll try to find out if "Pro Tech" in Waltham also left Dispatch Communications Trunk like Perfection did after the Alinco Tower came down. Pro Tech does most the Triple A in the Waltham, Watertown, Newton area. https://protechtowing.com/

disp617
Posts: 288
Joined: 01 Sep 2005 00:09
Location: Central Mass

Re: ICE MotoTRBO TRS Decoding Project

#180 Post by disp617 » 04 Aug 2019 15:45

garys wrote:
04 Aug 2019 11:14
I don't think we post individual IDs as a rule. I know we don't for Law Enforcement, and don't think we do for private companies either. Occasionally, I have put in UIDs for base stations, but I don't know if we can still do that.

Not only that, but it takes up a fair amount of space in our format.

Still, nothing will stop me from adding that to my DSD file! :)
I set my 536 up to record and just play everything back and write it all down. If not allowed my apoligies. I like to load my scanner up with everything I find.

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator
Posts: 3409
Joined: 29 Aug 2005 13:07

Re: ICE MotoTRBO TRS Decoding Project

#181 Post by garys » 04 Aug 2019 16:11

Don't apologize. I'd much rather have more information and activity here than less.
disp617 wrote:
04 Aug 2019 15:45

I set my 536 up to record and just play everything back and write it all down. If not allowed my apoligies. I like to load my scanner up with everything I find.
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

disp617
Posts: 288
Joined: 01 Sep 2005 00:09
Location: Central Mass

Re: ICE MotoTRBO TRS Decoding Project

#182 Post by disp617 » 04 Aug 2019 16:41

garys wrote:
04 Aug 2019 16:11
Don't apologize. I'd much rather have more information and activity here than less.
disp617 wrote:
04 Aug 2019 15:45

I set my 536 up to record and just play everything back and write it all down. If not allowed my apoligies. I like to load my scanner up with everything I find.
Same here!

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator
Posts: 3409
Joined: 29 Aug 2005 13:07

Re: ICE MotoTRBO TRS Decoding Project

#183 Post by garys » 04 Aug 2019 18:51

TG 225 is another two company on Site 32. I'm going to try the Boston and Cambridge Tow look ups to see if I can figure it out.
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator
Posts: 3409
Joined: 29 Aug 2005 13:07

Re: ICE MotoTRBO TRS Decoding Project

#184 Post by garys » 07 Sep 2019 13:20

I finally found some ownership information for the Site 32 tower in Waltham. It's owned by a company called Pinnacle Towers out of PA. That wasn't on the FCC site, I found it on a different tower locating site.

Not that it tells me much more than that.
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator
Posts: 3409
Joined: 29 Aug 2005 13:07

Re: ICE MotoTRBO TRS Decoding Project

#185 Post by garys » 21 Sep 2019 22:32

I heard TG 409 on the Foxboro site tonight. Traffic was about setting up cones, closing lanes, and so forth. I couldn't get the exact location, but on a guess it's Route 1 and other roads near Gillette for the game tomorrow.

I don't know who does the set up of traffic control, but if someone has a chance to listen tomorrow, we might be able to figure that out.
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

disp617
Posts: 288
Joined: 01 Sep 2005 00:09
Location: Central Mass

Re: ICE MotoTRBO TRS Decoding Project

#186 Post by disp617 » 22 Sep 2019 06:49

garys wrote:
21 Sep 2019 22:32
I heard TG 409 on the Foxboro site tonight. Traffic was about setting up cones, closing lanes, and so forth. I couldn't get the exact location, but on a guess it's Route 1 and other roads near Gillette for the game tomorrow.

I don't know who does the set up of traffic control, but if someone has a chance to listen tomorrow, we might be able to figure that out.
To the best of my knowledge it's Liddell Brothers that does the set up at Gilette. I have not heard any traffic on 409 yet.

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator
Posts: 3409
Joined: 29 Aug 2005 13:07

Re: ICE MotoTRBO TRS Decoding Project

#187 Post by garys » 22 Sep 2019 07:25

I should have mentioned that this was about 9:00PM last night. I probably won't have time to listen today, but it's something to listen for next time there's a game or something at Gillette.
disp617 wrote:
22 Sep 2019 06:49

To the best of my knowledge it's Liddell Brothers that does the set up at Gilette. I have not heard any traffic on 409 yet.
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

disp617
Posts: 288
Joined: 01 Sep 2005 00:09
Location: Central Mass

Re: ICE MotoTRBO TRS Decoding Project

#188 Post by disp617 » 08 Oct 2019 13:54

Listing to site 13 in Paxton hearing transmissions on talkgroup 584. Honestly sounds like a fly by night ambulance company starting up. Talking about jump starting ambulances and having 2 registered ambulances now.

I've been recording on my 536. I'll have to play back the recordings and listen more closely.

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator
Posts: 3409
Joined: 29 Aug 2005 13:07

Re: ICE MotoTRBO TRS Decoding Project

#189 Post by garys » 09 Oct 2019 17:00

I'll add it to my SDS200 and listen when I'm out that way. It will be interesting to see who the user is.
disp617 wrote:
08 Oct 2019 13:54
Listing to site 13 in Paxton hearing transmissions on talkgroup 584. Honestly sounds like a fly by night ambulance company starting up. Talking about jump starting ambulances and having 2 registered ambulances now.

I've been recording on my 536. I'll have to play back the recordings and listen more closely.
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator
Posts: 3409
Joined: 29 Aug 2005 13:07

Re: ICE MotoTRBO TRS Decoding Project

#190 Post by garys » 10 Oct 2019 09:53

I went by Gillette a few minutes ago. Liddell is the lane control contractor and had trucks out already. I'll update the Wiki wben I get home.
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

Post Reply