State police foxboro

This forum contains the regional forums for Massachusetts and is also for the discussion of the scanning and monitoring of Massachusetts statewide agencies.
Wildweather1

State police foxboro

#1 Post by Wildweather1 » 07 May 2016 20:10

Hi All,

Does anyone know what frequency/channel MSP uses when working traffic control on Route 1 by Gillette Stadium during events? :Pats:
Brian
Milford, MA

KB1FJR

#2 Post by KB1FJR » 07 May 2016 20:28

Check the S-OPS msp talk groups usually one is used for route one and another for the stadium parking lots. I think the local police departments use a UHF frequency for details in stadium. Someone more local would know.

CW115

#3 Post by CW115 » 07 May 2016 20:36

For larger events like Patriots games there will be 2-3 Mass. State Police "SOPS" talkgroups assigned and one of them will be for parking lot and traffic control. For smaller events there may only be one of the SOPS talkgroups assigned to the event. All on the Mass. State Police trunking system zone 5.

Gordon

ecps92

#4 Post by ecps92 » 08 May 2016 12:34

Correct, depending on the size of the Event.
Also, in the past (not confirmed in recent years) there is also MSP Conventional 800 in use, both Simplex and on-site Repeater, as well as Low Band use
CW115 wrote:For larger events like Patriots games there will be 2-3 Mass. State Police "SOPS" talkgroups assigned and one of them will be for parking lot and traffic control. For smaller events there may only be one of the SOPS talkgroups assigned to the event. All on the Mass. State Police trunking system zone 5.

Gordon
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"