TD Garden

This forum contains the regional forums for Massachusetts and is also for the discussion of the scanning and monitoring of Massachusetts statewide agencies.
scannermaster

TD Garden

#1 Post by scannermaster » 19 Jan 2019 13:28

I'm confused about the TD Garden DMR System. I have a very strong signal and the transmissions are coming in great, but I receive only a few transmissions over any 24 hour period. And strangely none during events. I know it's the Garden, that's clear from what they do say. Are they off repeater normally or something? I can't figure out why the transmissions are so few and far between. Appreciate any help. Thanks.

OceanNora

Re: TD Garden

#2 Post by OceanNora » 19 Jan 2019 23:39

What is the LCN order? I believe the order from RR was messed up at one point. I'd also give scanning the frequencies conventionally to see if it's a tracking issue.

ecps92

#3 Post by ecps92 » 20 Jan 2019 06:47

Here is what we have from you
http://www.scan-ne.net/wiki/index.php?t ... ton_Garden
OceanNora wrote:
19 Jan 2019 23:39
What is the LCN order? I believe the order from RR was messed up at one point. I'd also give scanning the frequencies conventionally to see if it's a tracking issue.

W1KNE

#4 Post by W1KNE » 20 Jan 2019 07:34

OceanNora wrote:
19 Jan 2019 23:39
I fixed that LCN order on RRDB after confirming it myself, and monitoring the system. I think you and I did this pretty close to the same time actually.

scannermaster

#5 Post by scannermaster » 20 Jan 2019 11:42

Yep, originally it was set up LCN 1 was the lowest frequency and it stepped up from there. I asked for it to be fixed to what you guys had here and it works -- for a few transmissions a day. One day when I was in downtown Boston near the Garden about 4 weeks ago I was listening with the correct LCN order and I was hearing a lot of traffic. So I think the order is right. But it made me wonder if they could've been talking off-repeater on the output channels but I can't imagine they're that sophisticated or would bother to try something like that.

Another odd/funny tidbit....I was told by the former head of security that this system was absolutely encrypted. Not sure if it was at one point or he just didn't know what he was talking about (or listened on a conventional scanner and assumed that was encryption.