Barrington FD

Scanning information and discussion for the state of Rhode Island.
artb257

Barrington FD

#1 Post by artb257 » 20 Feb 2019 06:12

Can anyone confirm that Barrington FD is (still) operating on the RISCON system and that their talkgroup assignments have not changed? Are they back to operating on the VHF (153.950) exclusively?

The reason I ask is that I have made several visits to the Barrington/Warren area in the past six months and I have not heard the FD on RISCON, at all. I have double-checked and triple-checked that I have the correct talkgroups programmed in my scanner and have checked the control channels. I know those are correct because I hear other departments, on all three zones.

One recent occasion (around Christmas) the FD passed me on a run (looked like a medical). I hadn't heard the dispatch, which is not surprising since I was in scan at the time, but I immediately stopped on the RISCON talkgroup and did not hear anything for a good 10 or 15 minutes. More recently (a couple weeks ago), I heard them dispatch the ambulance on the VHF channel (153.950) to a medical call in Warren, but again did not hear anything on RISCON.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

ecps92

Re: Barrington FD

#2 Post by ecps92 » 23 Feb 2019 11:08

Seems they are back on 153.9500 167.9 Simplex, Art. No known reason
artb257 wrote:
20 Feb 2019 06:12
Can anyone confirm that Barrington FD is (still) operating on the RISCON system and that their talkgroup assignments have not changed? Are they back to operating on the VHF (153.950) exclusively?

The reason I ask is that I have made several visits to the Barrington/Warren area in the past six months and I have not heard the FD on RISCON, at all. I have double-checked and triple-checked that I have the correct talkgroups programmed in my scanner and have checked the control channels. I know those are correct because I hear other departments, on all three zones.

One recent occasion (around Christmas) the FD passed me on a run (looked like a medical). I hadn't heard the dispatch, which is not surprising since I was in scan at the time, but I immediately stopped on the RISCON talkgroup and did not hear anything for a good 10 or 15 minutes. More recently (a couple weeks ago), I heard them dispatch the ambulance on the VHF channel (153.950) to a medical call in Warren, but again did not hear anything on RISCON.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

artb257

Re: Barrington FD

#3 Post by artb257 » 24 Feb 2019 15:57

Thanks Bill.

I will continue to monitor them when I'm down in that area and keep an ear out for any changes.