Bristol, RI 4th of July Celebration 2018

Scanning information and discussion for the state of Rhode Island.
trp

Bristol, RI 4th of July Celebration 2018

#1 Post by trp » 26 Jun 2018 21:09

I'm getting my radios set up to monitor the festivities in Bristol, RI next week for their 4th of July celebration (parade, fireworks, etc.). I will have the usual analog frequencies programmed in for Bristol Fire, Bristol PD, RI Intercity Fire and RI Intercity Police. Alert Ambulance also usually provides backup/additional EMS coverage for the festivities so I will keep a DMR scanner tuned to their operations as Alert is on the ICE MotoTRBO system.

Bristol Police and Fire have made references in the past over the air to "go to the 800 radio" which I assume is the RISCON system. Checking the SNE and RR Wikis I don't see any listings for talk group IDs for either Bristol Fire or Bristol Police. Does anybody have those talk group ID numbers and does anybody know if they are all encrypted?

Just to cover all of the bases I'm going to program in all of the Wide Area channels for RISCON and also all of the Southwide channels for RISCON. With all of the out-of-town resources coming into Bristol to help out there is probably a good chance that some of those areawide and zoned areawide talk groups will be in use for the fireworks/parade.
trp

PFD1993

Re: Bristol, RI 4th of July Celebration 2018

#2 Post by PFD1993 » 29 Jun 2018 14:14

Bristol FD and PD are encrypted on the RISCON system.
Gil
Warwick, RI

trp

Re: Bristol, RI 4th of July Celebration 2018

#3 Post by trp » 04 Jul 2018 09:54

For those who may be monitoring the 4th of July festivities in Bristol, RI I have some updated information. Last evening (July 3rd) for the fireworks I heard RISCON Wide Area 5 being used by Bristol Fire Marine 1 and the Coast Guard as they were both out in Bristol Harbor. There was also some very limited use of Wide Area 4 (? if it was Police or Fire/EMS based on monitored traffic) as street names and intersections in Bristol were mentioned.

Today I heard brief traffic on Southwide 3 between the "Command Post" and a "Chief." There was also mention about Southwide 4 being in use (was mentioned on the Bristol Fire VHF channel) for communication between the Rescues and DMAT (located at Bristol Fire Headquarters) but unfortunately Southwide 4 is encrypted.

The "old faithful" VHF analog channels for Bristol Fire (154.1450 PL 114.8) and Bristol Police (155.1300 PL 114.8) will get you most of the activity. The Bristol Police UHF channel (453.2000 PL 141.3) that used to be used by the Command Post in years past has remained totally silent. Perhaps all of that traffic has moved to an encrypted talkgroup(s) on RISCON?

FYI Bristol Fire has multiple "Gator" and "Bike Patrol" units stationed at strategic locations around town for EMS responses during the parade. Those units are operating on the Bristol Fire VHF channel.
trp