East Providence DPW on ICE

Scanning information and discussion for the state of Rhode Island.
W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

East Providence DPW on ICE

#1 Post by W1KNE » 20 Jan 2019 16:27

Picked up East Providence DPW on ICE, TG 419 tonight.
Site was the Fall River one.

Possibly EP DPW, talking about their routes on Willet Ave, hitting Bullocks Point, Metropolitan Parkway, and getting down to the Barrington town line.

I didn't catch the UHF to see if it is a simulcast or they have actually moved.
Mike Fitzpatrick
Broadcast Engineer - RF Enthusiast
Owner: Scan New England - NECRAT.US
Issues with Scan New England can be privately addressed to me. W1KNE at scan-ne.com.

pete
SNE and Wiki Moderator

Re: East Providence DPW on ICE

#2 Post by pete » 12 Feb 2019 22:10

Listened to this TG tonight. This is NOT East Providence DPW. It's clearly some contractor or other private company that contracts plowing to E. Prov. I heard what must have been a foreman or supervisor assigning jobs to the plows. Many of them were in Warren, Barrington and Bristol as well as E.Prov.
Pete :Pats: :sox: :Bruins:
never forget W6 & 343 & C9

ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Re: East Providence DPW on ICE

#3 Post by ecps92 » 13 Feb 2019 06:15

From one of our RI Friends of SNE, you correct it is a Contractor as EP DPW is still UHF DMR with some VHF still out there
pete wrote:
12 Feb 2019 22:10
Listened to this TG tonight. This is NOT East Providence DPW. It's clearly some contractor or other private company that contracts plowing to E. Prov. I heard what must have been a foreman or supervisor assigning jobs to the plows. Many of them were in Warren, Barrington and Bristol as well as E.Prov.
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"