Riscon

Scanning information and discussion for the state of Rhode Island.
Bahnstormer

Riscon

#1 Post by Bahnstormer » 22 Feb 2019 17:02

I am trying to understand Riscon and how to add this to my scanner, it seems very confusing too me. I have to try to add it manually because I only have a Mac and it will not run any scanner software. Sorry to ask this question in a pm but this was the type of question I was going to ask in my post. Thanks

ecps92

Re: Riscon

#2 Post by ecps92 » 22 Feb 2019 18:27

RISCON is a Trunked System where the frequencies are shared by many agencies/departments.

Generally you enter the Control Channels [could be up-to 4, newer systems more] for the nearest Tower/Zone/Site
Then you enter the Talk-groups which define which agency uses the channel at that time.

Not all agencies will be on ALL of a TRS Zones. For RISCON there is North, South and Providence
a southern agency might only be allowed on the South Zone, then there are exceptions [later as your learn]

IF you are looking for help
a. What Scanner
b. Have you read, re-read and read the manual
Bahnstormer wrote:
22 Feb 2019 17:02
I am trying to understand Riscon and how to add this to my scanner, it seems very confusing too me. I have to try to add it manually because I only have a Mac and it will not run any scanner software. Sorry to ask this question in a pm but this was the type of question I was going to ask in my post. Thanks
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

cdgordon

#3 Post by cdgordon » 22 Feb 2019 20:41

Also what area are you in. Perhaps someone local to you can dump the system into it.

chris

Bahnstormer

#4 Post by Bahnstormer » 22 Feb 2019 21:46

I am in Pawtucket ri, 10min from providence