RCAF training out of Auburn

Scanning information and discussion for the state of Maine.
schwab
SNE and Wiki Moderator

RCAF training out of Auburn

#1 Post by schwab » 21 Mar 2018 12:44

From Lewiston PD Facebook page:

450 Tactical Helicopter Squadron from the Royal Canadian Air Force will be conducting Exercise VIKING ALPINE from March 23-27, 2018 in the vicinity of the White Mountain National Forest. The flying exercise will occur during daylight hours and consist of overflights, landings and takeoffs in order to expose Canadian aircrew to the unique challenges of flying in mountainous environments.

The public will see two Canadian Chinook helicopters and support personnel in the cities of Auburn and Lewiston, Maine and in vicinity of the White Mountain National Forest. For more information please call the local public affairs representative Captain Patrice St-Cyr, (0) 1-613-888-4803.
Jacob
KB1VLA

ChrisP

Re: RCAF training out of Auburn

#2 Post by ChrisP » 22 Mar 2018 08:59

I can't seem to find any published frequencies specifically for the 450, but looking at the website below (and clicking on "1 Wing"), most of the tactical helicopter squadrons use various frequencies in the mil air spectrum (not surprisingly) as well as VHF-Lo in the 40-50 MHz range. I'm going to spend the majority of my time searching the VHF-lo range when they're around.
Chris
Poland, ME