Hams With Digital Capability?

A forum for the discussion of all aspects of amateur radio, but with emphasis on amateur radio operation in our coverage area. HF, VHF, UHF, P25, DStar, packet, anything amateur radio related is welcome here.
creeperjeep

Post by creeperjeep »

laxplurr06 wrote:Yup! I have to get it reprogrammed. I would expect when u pay for something it should be done right.

Id be glad to help you out with programming, I just dont know when Id get around the norfolk area
-Matt
KA8SCP

Post by KA8SCP »

Does anyone know of a D-Star repeater or "hotspot" up in the mid-coast Maine area? I am headed up there for some R & R soon and want to program up some radios. I have a list from the NE1DV siteand there is nothing showing there.

Tnx... Terry
creeperjeep

Post by creeperjeep »

145.410 - ME Knox W1EMA DSTAR Waldo
444.300 + ME Knox W1EMA DSTAR Waldo
1270.3000 + ME Knox W1EMA DSTAR
nerepeaters.com
-Matt
KA8SCP

Post by KA8SCP »

N1PA and I were talking today and he had heard that someone put up a MotoTRBO ham repeater... has anyone else about that? I did not see it on the nerepeaters.com site on either 2m or 440. I looked for TRBO or some such designator (NXDN & DSTAR, P25 are listed).

Terry
metrowest

Post by metrowest »

I think I'm going to study for my Technician and jump into the Mototrbo Digital arena at some point. I like what DMR MARC has been doing with ham radio.
Derek
wb1hbu

Post by wb1hbu »

Hello,

I bought a ICOM UHF handheld with D-Star a few years ago, but have not used it much. Last month I got a EF Johnson 5100 UHF with P25 and really like it. I can get into the Westboro repeater fine using P25.

73 Eric
WA1Q

Westborough UHF repeater

Post by WA1Q »

Howdy, Here is the information from the NERD web site,
As you stated the Westboro repeater site supports P25 and Analog using DCS244.
N1ZZN does a great job of keeping the New England Repeater directory up to date.
http://www.nerepeaters.com/440_bycity.htm Here is the link right to the 440 list. I do not have a P25 of DSTAR capable two way radio yet but that is on the wish list. As much as I want one i still find around here that you cannot beat a nice sounding analog signal. At least if you have a low signal you can tell and it doesn't just disappear the way a digital signal does. That said for compatability and traveling it nice to have all modes if possible.
All the best. 73's KA1KIJ
PS GO BRUINS!! :Bruins:
[TABLE="align: center"]
[TR="class: line0"]
[TD]448.775[/TD]
[TD]- [/TD]
[TD]MA[/TD]
[TD]Westborough[/TD]
[TD]W1WNS[/TD]
[TD] P25/
FM
[/TD]