New Wouxon KG-UV Software

A forum for the discussion of all aspects of amateur radio, but with emphasis on amateur radio operation in our coverage area. HF, VHF, UHF, P25, DStar, packet, anything amateur radio related is welcome here.
N1BHH
Silent Key

New Wouxon KG-UV Software

Post by N1BHH »

For those out there with a Wouxon dual band walkie like me, there is a new software program just made available by KC8UNJ, Jim Mitchell on his website. It works flawlessly. I downloaded the zip, ran the setup file and I was able to read from the radio, then write back after a few changes in the file, and without any glitches in only about 2 minutes total.

It's nicely written, has all the drop downs you'd want and uses tabs for the memories, VFO and configuration settings and your FM presets. The transfer drop down has the port setting for your cable and includes an auto detect function, something that many folks apparently need.

You can even import from Travel Plus. I have Travel Plus but never really got around to using it, but it is a pretty good program for finding repeaters when you are planning a trip. But with a radio like this you'd have to make up quite a few files for the places you'd be going to since you only have 128 memories. Store them on your laptop and bring your cable along on your drive and just load what you wish.

http://www.kc8unj.com/kguv.html
CLYDE - N1BHH - A KNOW-CODE AMATEUR RADIO OPERATOR / WQWJ272 - GMRS
Pro94 Pro106 Pro164 Pro197 Pro2006 Pro2015 Pro2021 Pro2055
Yaesu's FT60R, FT2900R & FT8800R, Icom IC735, Motorola MTX9250 (900 MHz.)