W1ATD Brandmeister Repeater

A forum for the discussion of all aspects of amateur radio, but with emphasis on amateur radio operation in our coverage area. HF, VHF, UHF, P25, DStar, packet, anything amateur radio related is welcome here.
Scott

W1ATD Brandmeister Repeater

#1 Post by Scott » 19 Dec 2017 19:45

Hi,

Can anyone tell me what Brandmeister TG's this repeater supports? Going through my OpenSpot I can see MA Statewide become active when viewing it via SDR# and listening via DSD+, but it seems to be the only TG I'm keying up. I'm in the process of programming it into my CS800D but wondering if it's fully active, a work in progress, or I'm missing something entirely. Web info other than that at NERepeaters, which shows it as a Brandmeister repeater, seems limited.

Thanks,
Scott
Scott

N1ZZN

#2 Post by N1ZZN » 19 Dec 2017 21:36

For those not familiar with it, it's 145.390, CC9.

Right now, MA Statewide 3125 is the only one that's set up as a static talkgroup, on TS2. Others you may want to put in on TS2 are local 9, RI 3144, NH 3133.

TS1 is usually more for the national stuff, Bridge 3100, TAC 310, 311, 312 (those 3 TACs cross over to DMR-MARC), US Area 1 31091, Northeast 3172....

Any Brandmeister TG will work on either slot, but this is just how I've been recommending people program for it, as it's only been on the air for a couple weeks.

The MMDVM is quite the device, supporting DMR, P25, DStar, and Fusion, all working quite well! In addition, the repeater still supports analog and NXDN, native to the Icom NX5000 repeater. W1ATD... now not only stands for We're At The Dump, but also All The Digitals!
Jeff Lehmann - N1ZZN WQDJ863
Hanson, MA

Scott

#3 Post by Scott » 19 Dec 2017 21:50

Thanks Jeff. I can't quite get into it from here but I have a better antenna that is otherwise occupied. I'll unlash it and try that way at some point in the near future. I had come to the conclusion that 3125 was the only static group as I remembered that BM is all PTT anyway unless I'm mistaken. I'll program the way you suggest and give it a try again. I was seeing/hearing activity on TAC310 and checked our DMR-MARC repeaters down here to confirm activity. I did not realize that those TG's worked across the networks. Neato.

I was wondering how they were supporting multiple protocols; I'll have to take a look at that MMDVM; pretty cool. I see another one on 70cm in Bridgewater as I recall.

Thanks!
Scott

garys

#4 Post by garys » 21 Dec 2017 14:39

I hope I'm not threadjacking, but this seems like a good place to ask my questions.

I've been thinking about replacing my still well performing Yaesu 8900 with something newer that also does DMR.
I know that there are DMR Ham repeaters out there, but I don't know a whole lot about them. Two slot, multiple talk groups for different groups and networks. I got that part.
How much activity is there on DMR actually? How many repeaters, are there any on 440?

As to radios, I'd like something along the lines of the 8900. Dual band, dual display, simultaneous operation on both bands. As wide a receiver range as possible, computer programming, separation option for the head, alpha tagging, scan, and so on.

Cost is not a major issue, but I don't want to buy a Motorola APX dual band. :)

I know that there are limitations when using an amateur radio as a scanner, but I do okay with the 8900 so far. Most of the mobiles (that's all I'm interested in) Seem only to go up to about 480.00 on the receive side. I'd like something that does a bit more than that.

Suggestions, thoughts, comments, as always are appreciated.
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

KA8SCP

Re: W1ATD Brandmeister Repeater

#5 Post by KA8SCP » 19 Apr 2018 23:08

Can users change the Reflector when we use D-Star? We get down to Bridgewater and would like to be able to check in with our GOF repeater and 50C friends.