Whitman ARC Winterfest Saturday Jan 20th

A forum for the discussion of all aspects of amateur radio, but with emphasis on amateur radio operation in our coverage area. HF, VHF, UHF, P25, DStar, packet, anything amateur radio related is welcome here.
N1ZZN

Whitman ARC Winterfest Saturday Jan 20th

#1 Post by N1ZZN » 12 Jan 2018 20:08

The second annual Whitman Amateur Radio Club "Winterfest" hamfest will be held next Saturday January 20th from at 9 AM, at the Whitman Knights of Columbus Hall on route 18, just south of the Abington line.

All the details are on the club website: http://www.wa1npo.org
Jeff Lehmann - N1ZZN WQDJ863
Hanson, MA

ScanBoston

Whitman Flea 1/20/18

#2 Post by ScanBoston » 15 Jan 2018 04:34

Hi Ham Boy's and Girls,

As many of you know this Saturday January 20th is the Whitman Flea at 9am http://www.wa1npo.org/pics/WinterFestFlyer2018.pdf . All the cool kids will be heading down there and it seems 900 MHz will be the place to be. There is a Whitman new 900 repeater close by [927.6875] and for you that haven't reprogrammed it's the same as the former Taunton repeater so just switch there. Also for the commute many of you will be traveling through the range of the Marshfield 900 repeater[927.4750]. For those of you that would like to meet for Breakfast first lets go the Nellie Rose which opens at 7am at 557 Bedford Street Whitman MA http://nellierosewhitman.com/ . I'll be shooting for 8am myself but I understand they get busy so if you early birds want to grab some tables that would be great. The Flea itself is at the Whitman KofC 1195 Bedford St, Rt 18 Whitman, MA 02382 at 9am.

Be there or be square.... John K1BOS

N1ZZN

#3 Post by N1ZZN » 19 Jan 2018 19:09

Tomorrow is the day! I think John changed the Breakfast plans to a different restaurant called the Cowbell on South Ave, but I know that is a much smaller place than Nellie Rose, with no parking, so not sure why the decision was made to go there. I shouldn't talk though, since I won't be able to go for breakfast as I'll be helping with set up for the event early.
Hanson, MA

ScanBoston

#4 Post by ScanBoston » 20 Jan 2018 06:34

N1ZZN wrote:Tomorrow is the day! I think John changed the Breakfast plans to a different restaurant called the Cowbell on South Ave, but I know that is a much smaller place than Nellie Rose, with no parking, so not sure why the decision was made to go there. I shouldn't talk though, since I won't be able to go for breakfast as I'll be helping with set up for the event early.
It was because I got no response at all and I didn't want to be alone. Ned and Charles were already returning to where they went last year the Cowbell Cafe and invited me to join them. It seemed better than sitting by myself so I went with that.

N1ZZN

#5 Post by N1ZZN » 20 Jan 2018 06:50

Ah I see... seems everyone came out of the woodwork at the last minute wanting to go to breakfast
Hanson, MA

ScanBoston

#6 Post by ScanBoston » 21 Jan 2018 19:14

That was a great little Fleamarket Jeff! I think KC1HO got the best deal with the boxed Uniden BCD536HP for 250. I saw Gary S. there but it's a shame Scott or Mark didn't come off the Cape. Lot of 900MHz and DMR deals too. For a small flea great turnout and a lot of deals.

garys

#7 Post by garys » 21 Jan 2018 21:52

It was nice to see you again, John. The flea market was entertaining. That 536HP was a nice deal. I'd have been very tempted to grab it if it wasn't gone before they opened. Send it in for the RTC and display fixes and have a nice P2 capable scanner, along with the option for DMR and Pro Voice.

Marlboro and Framingham coming up in the next couple of months, plus I think there is one in just over the other side of the canal.
ScanBoston wrote:That was a great little Fleamarket Jeff! I think KC1HO got the best deal with the boxed Uniden BCD536HP for 250. I saw Gary S. there but it's a shame Scott or Mark didn't come off the Cape. Lot of 900MHz and DMR deals too. For a small flea great turnout and a lot of deals.
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.