Live Military Mode S website

This forum is for the discussion of the signals monitored on 1090 MHz that allow for the plotting of civilian and military aircraft using PlanePlotter and other software.
SteveANE

Live Military Mode S website

#1 Post by SteveANE » 10 Mar 2013 16:28

I know some of you have done this already, but the rest of you may be interested in contributing to the Live Military Mode S site. The site is a great reference to see where a flight came from or went to. You can find instructions for joining the site in the menu on the left side of the page, basically you download a small program which connects to PP via TCP and automatically uploads your mil catches to the website.

http://www.live-military-mode-s.eu/

Scott SNE Webmaster

#2 Post by Scott SNE Webmaster » 11 Mar 2013 14:59

I thought port 30003 would be what's being used. Unfortunately I'm running Virtual Radar Server on that port. With that in mind the offline option is the likely only solution for me...although I "think" there is some port splitting software out there...Ethernetovich? Not sure I wan't to travel that road or not...
Scott - Scan New England Webmaster

SteveANE

Re: Live Military Mode S website

#3 Post by SteveANE » 11 Mar 2013 15:05

You don't even need to do that, you should be able to use the rebroadcast service in Virtual Radar Server.

Scott SNE Webmaster

#4 Post by Scott SNE Webmaster » 11 Mar 2013 15:17

OK, that looks reasonably easy. Looks like I set up VRS with a rebroadcast as a Kinetics BaseStation, and then point ModeSLogger to the adjusted port. I'll give that a go later. Thanks for the help, Steve.

Scott SNE Webmaster

#5 Post by Scott SNE Webmaster » 11 Mar 2013 18:38

That was uh....wicked easy!

Nic

#6 Post by Nic » 11 Mar 2013 18:49

Scott,

You should really watch my videos :rolleyes: I already did a one for VRS :D

Regards
Nic

SteveANE

#7 Post by SteveANE » 11 Mar 2013 19:02

Scott SNE Webmaster wrote:That was uh....wicked easy!
Glad it worked out, I was relatively sure it would work, but wasn't 100% positive. :-)

Scott SNE Webmaster

#8 Post by Scott SNE Webmaster » 11 Mar 2013 20:57

Nic wrote:Scott,

You should really watch my videos :rolleyes: I already did a one for VRS :D

Regards
Nic
;) Hey, I've watched SOME of them...and they are extremely helpful! I've run VRS in the past so I was pretty familiar with it already. However, I never paid any attention to the rebroadcast feature frankly, as until today I never had a need to do what I'm doing. As a matter of fact the VRS video is one of the few from you I haven't watched! In the interests of full disclosure I DID watch the setup video with the C:\tools folder suggestion, but like I dummy I didn't realize the benefits of doing so until yesterday and thought the default install location would be "good enough". Now...I know better! :)

Scott SNE Webmaster

#9 Post by Scott SNE Webmaster » 11 Mar 2013 20:59

SteveANE wrote:Glad it worked out, I was relatively sure it would work, but wasn't 100% positive. :-)
Took all of about 30 seconds, literally. That's a great feature that as stated above I had completely ignored until today.

Scott SNE Webmaster

#10 Post by Scott SNE Webmaster » 15 Mar 2013 09:33

Who is who on this site? I'm Marstons Mills. I see a lot of MA stations listed.

SteveANE

#11 Post by SteveANE » 15 Mar 2013 11:22

I'm Everett. mW is Boston.

Scott SNE Webmaster

#12 Post by Scott SNE Webmaster » 04 Apr 2013 14:29

This website seems to be down today. I haven't checked in in a few days, and if there was a notification I missed it. Haven't checked to see if I'm still connected via the client yet either, but is it just me or are you guys not getting there either?

cacti21

#13 Post by cacti21 » 04 Apr 2013 14:58

Scott SNE Webmaster wrote:This website seems to be down today. I haven't checked in in a few days, and if there was a notification I missed it. Haven't checked to see if I'm still connected via the client yet either, but is it just me or are you guys not getting there either?
tried logging in at 05:00 today with no luck, no luck at various times throughout the day

SteveANE

#14 Post by SteveANE » 04 Apr 2013 15:21

It was down yesterday, too. Not sure if the guy who runs it is doing upgrades, or having server problems.

SteveANE

#15 Post by SteveANE » 04 Apr 2013 15:22

Confirmed, server issues. Both hard drives failed.