High Res airfield outlines

This forum is for the discussion of the signals monitored on 1090 MHz that allow for the plotting of civilian and military aircraft using PlanePlotter and other software.
SteveANE

High Res airfield outlines

#1 Post by SteveANE » 23 Mar 2013 17:52

Trying my hand at doing airfield outlines with a higher level of detail - here's what I ended up with for OWD: http://i.imgur.com/Ert12lD.jpg

If you want to add this outline or check it out for yourself, I've attached it. You'll have to change the file extension to .out.
Attachments

[The extension txt has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

cacti21

#2 Post by cacti21 » 24 Mar 2013 05:27

SteveANE wrote:Trying my hand at doing airfield outlines with a higher level of detail - here's what I ended up with for OWD: http://i.imgur.com/Ert12lD.jpg

If you want to add this outline or check it out for yourself, I've attached it. You'll have to change the file extension to .out.
Well done, Steve. Very nice.

Bill Jasset
Billerica, MA

SteveANE

#3 Post by SteveANE » 24 Mar 2013 19:46

Thanks, Bill! Next up was KORH. I think it turned out all right. Any requests?
Attachments
KORH.jpg

bgav

#4 Post by bgav » 24 Mar 2013 20:31

Excellent work Steve, they look great! Thanks!

Scott SNE Webmaster

#5 Post by Scott SNE Webmaster » 24 Mar 2013 21:25

I want to try my hand at this also....KHYA is one I'd like to add, although everything from here is small aircraft and does not seem to have full ADS-B, just Mode S. Someday though...

I need to study the method; just a matter of finding the time to do it. Nice work!
Scott - Scan New England Webmaster

SteveANE

#6 Post by SteveANE » 25 Mar 2013 01:34

Scott SNE Webmaster wrote:I want to try my hand at this also....KHYA is one I'd like to add, although everything from here is small aircraft and does not seem to have full ADS-B, just Mode S. Someday though...

I need to study the method; just a matter of finding the time to do it. Nice work!
I do it the easy way, with a website. It just takes a lot of clicking. http://acme.com/jef/outlines/

Here's Beverly - perhaps adding in every bit of paint on the runway is excessive. I had to rename this one from .out to .rsf to fit it under the upload size limits, just rename it back to .out to use.
Attachments

[The extension rsf has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

capture.jpg

Scott SNE Webmaster

#7 Post by Scott SNE Webmaster » 26 Mar 2013 09:19

Steve,

Thanks for the link to the above webpage. The concept is simple, but there is one aspect of it I can't figure out how to overcome. In certain areas when clicking to follow the outline, the marker overlays where the next point should be made. For me at least this prohibits me from clicking where I need to click. I'm using Chrome and I haven't tried another browser. How are you overcoming this, or is it just Chrome where it's crapping out?

Thanks.

Scott SNE Webmaster

#8 Post by Scott SNE Webmaster » 26 Mar 2013 09:23

Nevermind, I just answered my own question. Good to start with a fresh mind....just zoom enough to overcome the marker size. Carry on!

Scott SNE Webmaster

#9 Post by Scott SNE Webmaster » 26 Mar 2013 10:04

Here's my first one. Seems to have come out pretty good. KHYA.txt attached; switch to .out.
Attachments

Scott SNE Webmaster

#10 Post by Scott SNE Webmaster » 26 Mar 2013 19:46

I wasn't happy with the TF Green outline that came with some file I installed at some point ( :D ), so I re-did that airport too, and it's attached here if anyone wants it. On a side note I also added the .out extension as a valid one.
Attachments

bgav

#11 Post by bgav » 26 Mar 2013 22:07

Keep getting an error trying to download KPVD.out:
Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, webadmin@kundenserver.de and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Scott SNE Webmaster

#12 Post by Scott SNE Webmaster » 26 Mar 2013 22:19

I had a feeling that might be an issue. I'll have to work on how vBulletin interprets the type of file. In the meantime I've changed it back to .txt and I'd suggest anyone posting one keep it that way with the message to remember to change it to .out once it's downloaded. Sorry for the mix-up.