Burlington, MA reconfirmations

Completed submissions are archived in this forum.
n1zyy

Burlington, MA reconfirmations

#1 Post by n1zyy » 13 Jan 2019 18:52

Nothing glamorous here, but I spent a little bit of time in the Burlington Mall area today and was able to reconfirm some entries that are 3-4 years old. All are as listed on http://scan-ne.net/wiki/index.php?title ... encies_A-H

Burlington Mall

Security: 464.125, D271. Not very busy today.
Maintenance: 464.825, D734. Mix of Spanish and English, mostly about cleaning.

Some of the guards have Motorola XPR radios, and the license has the 7K60 modes for DMR, but it seems like they're both still in analog use.

I didn't program in any of the stores to try to reconfirm them.

Wegman's

The order they are on the wiki seems like it might be the way they are numbered in the radios.

1 - Didn't hear it today, but that doesn't mean it's offline.
2 - 461.1125, D315. Maintenance? Called for cleaning up spills.
3 - 461.0375, D114. Discussing hours of employee shifts.
4 - 461.0875, D223. Cleaning up carts in parking garage.

Someone on channel 4 tried calling in a spill and was told to "Go to 2," and then came up on channel 2 asking for someone to clean up the spill. Since they're not in frequency order on the wiki, I suspect it may in fact be the way they are programmed in the radios.

I cannot find licenses for these. 461.1125 has no licensed Part 90 users in Massachusetts. However, as best as I can tell, they're running MagOne type radios and companies like Bearcom have nationwide licenses for these frequencies. Usage is definitely simplex because from the mall, signal strength varied from one talker to the next.

Like I said, nothing exciting here, but especially with everyone moving to digital, I figured I'd confirm that this data is still accurate since it's been a few years.
Matt
Lowell, MA

ecps92

Re: Burlington, MA reconfirmations

#2 Post by ecps92 » 14 Jan 2019 11:05

Wiki updated - Thanks

Many of the LARGE Box stores tend to use a Nationwide License for Simplex Ops vs licensing at individual locations.
a Quick check of the FCC doesn't show anything for Wegman's but I did not check other Corp namings. :(
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"