Brockton Area Transit Authority

Discussion forum for scanning Southeastern Massachusetts, including Bristol and Plymouth counties.
garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator

Brockton Area Transit Authority

#1 Post by garys » 02 Feb 2019 15:33

I updated the Wiki with the current data for BAT operations on 472.5375. They are operating DMR with two active Talk Groups. TG 1 is fixed route operations. TG 115 is Dial A Bat. At least it seems so. Today, ,the dispatcher on TG 115 was trying to communicate with the route buses on TG 1. At first I thought they might be operating as a couple of cab companies we've discussed operate. That is, with the dispatcher on one TG and the mobiles on another.

As it turns out, it seems more that one of the dispatchers was confused and was answering on the wrong TG.

As it turns out, BAT has a second license on 463.325. That appears to be operating as a single frequency Cap+ system with four Talk Groups. I haven't figured out what they are using that for, so if there is someone in the Brockton area, maybe they can help figure that out. Or maybe it's not them, but one of the other licensees.
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator

Re: Brockton Area Transit Authority

#2 Post by garys » 04 Feb 2019 12:10

Listening on today, I don't know who it is, but it's not BAT. TG 1 is a van service in the Brockton area. References to Chatham West, which is an apartment complex and a dialysis operation in "The Mall", which is likely Westgate. TG3 is some sort of trash facility. Traffic regarding different types of rubbish and where it should go.

I can't find any licensees that seem to match a SMR.
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

ecps92
Wiki Administrator

#3 Post by ecps92 » 04 Feb 2019 14:14

Dial-a-BAT does do medical transportation[s]
garys wrote:
04 Feb 2019 12:10
Listening on today, I don't know who it is, but it's not BAT. TG 1 is a van service in the Brockton area. References to Chatham West, which is an apartment complex and a dialysis operation in "The Mall", which is likely Westgate. TG3 is some sort of trash facility. Traffic regarding different types of rubbish and where it should go.

Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator

#4 Post by garys » 04 Feb 2019 16:48

I think that they use a TG on the 472 frequency for that. They have two TGs there, one for regular bus routes and one that seems to be for Dial A Bat.

I guess it's possible that they are renting time to other entities on their system, but it would seem odd.

I expect it will sort out with more listening. Not very exciting though. :)
ecps92 wrote:
04 Feb 2019 14:14
Dial-a-BAT does do medical transportation[s]
garys wrote:
04 Feb 2019 12:10

W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

#5 Post by W1KNE » 05 Feb 2019 13:35

garys wrote:
04 Feb 2019 16:48
Not very exciting though. :)
The fun of being a DB Admin. Getting to listen to some of the most boring scanner traffic there is.

:)
Mike Fitzpatrick
Broadcast Engineer - RF Enthusiast
Owner: Scan New England - NECRAT.US
Issues with Scan New England can be privately addressed to me. W1KNE at scan-ne.com.

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator

#6 Post by garys » 05 Feb 2019 18:16

Well someone, somewhere, is likely waiting for this information! ;)

With me, it's mostly just the challenge of figuring it all out.

In this case, there is another DMR user on the same frequency. The signal is blasting me out in Stoughton, so it must be someone near by. No license matches, though. There seem to be two TGs and interestingly there are Alias attached. TG 1 is "Hotel Security" and TG 2 is "Housekeeping" or something similar.

I've dialed the LNA gain on Airspy way down to filter out the MotoTrbo signal, so I can concentrate on figuring out which hotel it is. There are a few likely suspects, so hopefully I can grab some traffic that locates it better.

Well, it's better than listening to fast food drive through traffic, so there's that.

W1KNE wrote:
05 Feb 2019 13:35
garys wrote:
04 Feb 2019 16:48
Not very exciting though. :)
The fun of being a DB Admin. Getting to listen to some of the most boring scanner traffic there is.

:)

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator

#7 Post by garys » 06 Feb 2019 16:03

I think I have it partly figured out. There appear to be three separate DMR users on this frequency, at least that I can hear.

System 1 BAT. DSD+ shows it as DMR with a DCC of 12. TG1 is the only one active on Slot 1. It's a van service running all over Brockton with medical and non medical transports. It might be BAT or might be a contractor using the BAT system.

System 2. Cap+ OFT. DCC is 1. TG3 appears to be a transfer station and there is a company licensed on the frequency in Providence that does that. References to scales, types of trash, and Capital Disposal, which is a Rhode Island based trash company.
TG 1 identifies as "Hotel Security", but the traffic doesn't really sound like it.
TG 2 identifies as Hotel Houskeeping", but there hasn't been enough traffic for me to figure out if it matches.

These last two might in fact be on a different system, but since they all show Cap+, Site 1, DCC 1.

System 3. Site 31. TG 255. Shows TXI (Talk Group Inhibit) when transmitting.

DSD+ has a hard time distinguishing between these three systems, so some of what I'm posting is guess work. System 1 had very strong signal strength, so my premise is that it's in Brockton or nearby.
System 2 has far less signal strength so somewhere in Rhode Island is possible.

None of the traffic is very interesting, to be honest.

W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

#8 Post by W1KNE » 06 Feb 2019 19:01

Can you list the specific frequencies per system you referred to in your previous post?

I am a touch lost, but would like to also try them myself.

Thanks!
Mike Fitzpatrick
Issues with Scan New England can be privately addressed to me. W1KNE at scan-ne.com.

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator

#9 Post by garys » 06 Feb 2019 19:16

That's the problem, all of this took place on 463.3250. Three different systems, or so it seems.

ecps92
Wiki Administrator

#10 Post by ecps92 » 08 Feb 2019 07:02

Sounds like you are hearing multiple systems.

Cap+ is likely from Mt Trashmore [WNFW237]
with only One Freq
CC:1, TG1, 2, 3, 5 and PVT Calls

The Hotel Ops could be the Hyatt in Braintree, they applied for that Freq long ago, altho only MO
http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSear ... ToReturn=1
garys wrote:
06 Feb 2019 19:16
That's the problem, all of this took place on 463.3250. Three different systems, or so it seems.
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator

#11 Post by garys » 08 Feb 2019 09:23

I think you're right about Mt Trashmore. Which interestingly is the real name of an amusement park in Virginia.

The other trash operation is still a mystery.

If it's not BAT itself, I think it's a contractor using a BAT licensed channel. The signal really blasts in here.

Because of the way that DSD+ works, I'm still not clear on what is going on with the two "Hotel" talk groups. Some close in listening in Braintree might be in order.

That's if I can muster the interest. ;)

W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

#12 Post by W1KNE » 08 Feb 2019 12:16

TG1 - CC 12 is so very chatty, and very strong here in Taunton.

TG2 - CC 1 is moderately strong here, mentioned about "Going on the other side of the trailer". Also heard on TG 255-CC1 "Somebody give Mike another shove please".
TG3 - CC 1 "Make sure you get him for one non recyclable mattress, in the black container".
Mike Fitzpatrick

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator

#13 Post by garys » 08 Feb 2019 12:39

I think Bill has the CC1 system correct. I've seen all of the TGs, but not any private calls. That's the big outfit in Rhode Island, I think.

CC12 blasts me out and the traffic is consist with a van service for elderly and disabled. BAT/BAT contractor is my guess.

TG255 shows up as 'Site 31", so it's a different system. It's either trash or "sand and gravel", as both use bulldozers.

The hotel stuff might be the Hyatt, but it's often too garbled to know.

This is an instance of multiple users with no coordination. Which seems to be common with IG frequencies.

W1KNE wrote:
08 Feb 2019 12:16

TG2 - CC 1 is moderately strong here, mentioned about "Going on the other side of the trailer". Also heard on TG 255-CC1 "Somebody give Mike another shove please".
TG3 - CC 1 "Make sure you get him for one non recyclable mattress, in the black container".

W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

#14 Post by W1KNE » 08 Feb 2019 15:45

garys wrote:
08 Feb 2019 12:39
TG255 shows up as 'Site 31", so it's a different system. It's either trash or "sand and gravel", as both use bulldozers.
W1KNE wrote:
08 Feb 2019 12:16

I agree with you and Bill.
255 is landfill operations. Voice Traffic, I heard the following. "Trucks coming up the landfill must stay to the right, and trucks going down it must stay to the left".
2 came up again, talking about which direction to head in with the truck.
There have been a couple of instances where the truck talked on TG 2, but the answer was on 255.
As I am typing this, 255 came up asking about "Waste Management Truck 193"

The CC1 system is much clearer at my house than the CC12 Brockton one.
Mike Fitzpatrick

W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

#15 Post by W1KNE » 08 Feb 2019 16:03

This is very difficult to listen to with the constant data bursts.
Mike Fitzpatrick

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator

#16 Post by garys » 09 Feb 2019 15:03

It's become pretty tiring, actually. I mostly confirmed that BAT is using it for their individual transports in Brockton. Not that I'll listen, but I do like to try to figure who is using what. I'll leave it to any other interested parties to decipher the rest.
W1KNE wrote:
08 Feb 2019 16:03
This is very difficult to listen to with the constant data bursts.