Logan/MassPort TGs

A forum for discussion of the many trunked radio systems in and around our listening area.
WS1K

Logan/MassPort TGs

Post by WS1K »

I've logged the following unknown Talkgroups on the Logan Airport/MassPort system:
I heard some talk on TG 31 this morning and it sounded like snow/ice control at Logan but MPA OPS 1 and MPA FAC RAMP seem to be where the main action is.
241 I have heard in the past and it sounds like radio techs but I haven't pinned down the agency.
Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks,
Jon
ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Re: Logan/MassPort TGs

Post by ecps92 »

http://www.scan-ne.net/wiki/index.php?title=Massport
195 should be Worcester Airport GTU Emergency
WS1K wrote: 20 Jan 2019 09:54 I've logged the following unknown Talkgroups on the Logan Airport/MassPort system:
I heard some talk on TG 31 this morning and it sounded like snow/ice control at Logan but MPA OPS 1 and MPA FAC RAMP seem to be where the main action is.
241 I have heard in the past and it sounds like radio techs but I haven't pinned down the agency.
Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks,
Jon
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"
jrm3607

Post by jrm3607 »

195 should be Logan GTU Emergency, 31 and 241 are new to me.
WS1K

Post by WS1K »

Thanks for the info on 195.

There was talk on 241 again this morning. Reference to Terminal C and the radio shop. So it looks like it may be Logan radio techs.
ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Post by ecps92 »

Hmmm, Techs had been heard on 301 in the past [2014]
WS1K wrote: 21 Jan 2019 12:16 Thanks for the info on 195.

There was talk on 241 again this morning. Reference to Terminal C and the radio shop. So it looks like it may be Logan radio techs.
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"
WS1K

Post by WS1K »

TG 31 has been a bit more active but I haven't heard enough traffic to ID it.
Had a few hits of TG 167 which is another new one in the log from 2 nights ago.
WS1K

Post by WS1K »

Chatter on TG 31 referenced "running a sweeper on 29". It sounds like this is Worcester airport.
jrm3607

Post by jrm3607 »

WS1K wrote: 23 Jan 2019 09:01 TG 31 has been a bit more active but I haven't heard enough traffic to ID it.
Had a few hits of TG 167 which is another new one in the log from 2 nights ago.
167 is GTU OPS 2
OceanNora

Post by OceanNora »

on TG31, I was hearing sealcoating operations for Runways 5 and 23, which are both at Hanscom. I also heard them mention, "the Air Force ramp," which would further make sense for Hanscom. Interestingly, I heard "Station F to Hanscom" on TG31 as well, requesting "Hanscom" check on a group of suspected planespotters at the end of South Road. It would appear that the talkgroup is shared between facilities/operations and Troop F at Hanscom.

on TG51 I've heard Engine 61 calling on the air to Fire Alarm. Engine 61 is assigned to Worcester Airport. I've only heard that so far on the talkgroup so I can't confirmed if it's used by anyone other than Massport Fire at Worcester.
ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Post by ecps92 »

Interesting on TG:51 as info was that channel was to be ENC as "Fire SOPS"

are you hearing these on the Massport Zone or the other zones [700 overlay, Zone 5 etc]
OceanNora wrote: 13 Jun 2019 01:03 on TG31, I was hearing sealcoating operations for Runways 5 and 23, which are both at Hanscom. I also heard them mention, "the Air Force ramp," which would further make sense for Hanscom. Interestingly, I heard "Station F to Hanscom" on TG31 as well, requesting "Hanscom" check on a group of suspected planespotters at the end of South Road. It would appear that the talkgroup is shared between facilities/operations and Troop F at Hanscom.

on TG51 I've heard Engine 61 calling on the air to Fire Alarm. Engine 61 is assigned to Worcester Airport. I've only heard that so far on the talkgroup so I can't confirmed if it's used by anyone other than Massport Fire at Worcester.
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies

jrm3607

Post by jrm3607 »

OceanNora wrote: 13 Jun 2019 01:03 on TG31, I was hearing sealcoating operations for Runways 5 and 23, which are both at Hanscom. I also heard them mention, "the Air Force ramp," which would further make sense for Hanscom. Interestingly, I heard "Station F to Hanscom" on TG31 as well, requesting "Hanscom" check on a group of suspected planespotters at the end of South Road. It would appear that the talkgroup is shared between facilities/operations and Troop F at Hanscom.

Talkgroup 51 has been quite active on the Worcester site (https://openmhz.com/system/worcester?fi ... er-code=51) Think it’s safe to say that should be labeled MPA FD ORH or something of the likes.

Does TG 31 sound like a patch to Hanscom’s conventional analog channel? I’d be very surprised if there able to pick up the Massport site out there. I know Massports Hanscom’s Conventional Analog Fire channel is patched to TG 49 on the Massport system, this may be similar situation with TG31.
OceanNora

Post by OceanNora »

I'm unfortunately too far away to hear Hanscom's conventional freq, I've had it in the scanner for a few years now without hearing a thing. I haven't heard a ton of traffic on 31, but I'm not sure if it's only active when someone from Logan is speaking (like Troop F or Massport Fire Alarm.)

TG 507 - I'm hearing this active on the Cambridge system as well as Massport and the Boston 700 system. So far all traffic seems to say "Attention all personnel on this frequency," and relates to things like runway closures and openings, along with A380 landings. It appears to be a patch of something, what I cannot tell. I also saw "507 99" as well. 99 on the Massport site/system (I'm still wrapping my head around whether they're just a separate site on CoMIRS or their own system) is Massport Facilities Street Side.

TG 267 on the Massport site/system - It appears to be broadcasting the same random selections of BPD channels that the Boston CItywide 2 has been doing for the past 2 years.
ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Post by ecps92 »

Massport TG: 267 is the Patch to the Boston PD Interop Channel [finally a confirmation of it]
Massport TG: 507 / 8112 is the Massport Wide-Area TG [outside of the Massport Zone] and Not Fire as that is reported as 53 / 848
OceanNora wrote: 14 Jun 2019 13:37 I'm unfortunately too far away to hear Hanscom's conventional freq, I've had it in the scanner for a few years now without hearing a thing. I haven't heard a ton of traffic on 31, but I'm not sure if it's only active when someone from Logan is speaking (like Troop F or Massport Fire Alarm.)

TG 507 - I'm hearing this active on the Cambridge system as well as Massport and the Boston 700 system. So far all traffic seems to say "Attention all personnel on this frequency," and relates to things like runway closures and openings, along with A380 landings. It appears to be a patch of something, what I cannot tell. I also saw "507 99" as well. 99 on the Massport site/system (I'm still wrapping my head around whether they're just a separate site on CoMIRS or their own system) is Massport Facilities Street Side.

TG 267 on the Massport site/system - It appears to be broadcasting the same random selections of BPD channels that the Boston CItywide 2 has been doing for the past 2 years.
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies

jrm3607

Post by jrm3607 »

OceanNora wrote: 14 Jun 2019 13:37 I'm unfortunately too far away to hear Hanscom's conventional freq, I've had it in the scanner for a few years now without hearing a thing. I haven't heard a ton of traffic on 31, but I'm not sure if it's only active when someone from Logan is speaking (like Troop F or Massport Fire Alarm.)

TG 267 is labeled as "Boston Patch" and rebroadcasts only BPD Channel 2 (Area A), opposed to CW 3 which rebroadcasts channels BPD 2-6.
TG 507 is the Widearea Channel, and as Bill mentioned Fire has there own Widearea TG53
OceanNora

Post by OceanNora »

Thanks guys for the confirmations, I figured that's what they were but I had no ability to confirm.

A bit off topic, as I understand it the Worcester Safety & Security guys are now Massport Fire as of this year. Does ORH still have any law enforcement now other than Troop F?
Pacmannion

Post by Pacmannion »

OceanNora wrote: 14 Jun 2019 17:04 A bit off topic, as I understand it the Worcester Safety & Security guys are now Massport Fire as of this year. Does ORH still have any law enforcement now other than Troop F?
It would just be Troop F, if WAS&S was converted to Massport Fire. I did overtime one day at ORH (I work at BOS), and the way it was explained to me is that WAS&S was primary during the off hours when the TSA checkpoint was closed and no commercial flights were going out and Troop F would be there during the hours the TSA checkpoint was open and flights were going out. I'm sure that's changed/will change now Troop F are the only LEOs.

EDIT: Yep, according to the presentation from the April Massport board meeting, Troop F is now on-site 24/7 since April 8.
Patrick W1PAC
Lynn, MA
RadioShack Pro-668 - Yaesu VX-6R - Anytone AT-D868UV - Yaesu FT-900
OceanNora

Post by OceanNora »

That deck had a ton of interesting info, many thanks. I wonder what caused the change.
Pacmannion

Post by Pacmannion »

OceanNora wrote: 16 Jun 2019 19:43 That deck had a ton of interesting info, many thanks. I wonder what caused the change.
No problem. It's were I get a lot of my info about changes at BOS.

As for the change, I know Massport's Director of Aviation Ed Freni made a proposal back in 2014-15 and the IAFF local that represents Massport Fire, S-2 was also pushing for it, but it was voted down back then. Don't know what spurred it again.
Patrick W1PAC
Lynn, MA
RadioShack Pro-668 - Yaesu VX-6R - Anytone AT-D868UV - Yaesu FT-900
WS1K

Post by WS1K »

TG 185 was just active with talk of an Alert 1 for an aircraft with a gear problem that was going to do a tower fly by. TG 51 also had some related traffic.
jrm3607

Post by jrm3607 »

WS1K wrote: 07 Jul 2019 16:57 TG 185 was just active with talk of an Alert 1 for an aircraft with a gear problem that was going to do a tower fly by. TG 51 also had some related traffic.
Those are both Worcester Airport Talkgroups
185 is ORH OPS and 51 is ORH FIRE
garys
Forums and Wiki Moderator

Post by garys »

Thanks, Wiki page for Worcester Trunk updated.
jrm3607 wrote: 09 Jul 2019 16:01
WS1K wrote: 07 Jul 2019 16:57 TG 185 was just active with talk of an Alert 1 for an aircraft with a gear problem that was going to do a tower fly by. TG 51 also had some related traffic.
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.
WS1K

Post by WS1K »

jrm3607 wrote: 09 Jul 2019 16:01
Thank you.
They were both heard on the Logan system.
OceanNora

Post by OceanNora »

With the recent storm, heard TG 31 again, 100% Hanscom. They were coordinating between the Ops guy and at least one snow crew. I think it's safe to call this the Hanscom Ops TG, If someone close enough to hear their conventional frequency to confirm if that is still in use/patched with 31 that would be great.
disp617

Post by disp617 »

ecps92 wrote: 20 Jan 2019 11:38 http://www.scan-ne.net/wiki/index.php?title=Massport
195 should be Worcester Airport GTU Emergency
I have never heard 195 at Worcester Airport and I don't think there is a GTU at Worcester
jrm3607

Post by jrm3607 »

disp617 wrote: 06 Dec 2020 13:12 I have never heard 195 at Worcester Airport and I don't think there is a GTU at Worcester
195 should be GTU Emergency at Logan
227 is also a Logan TG not Worcester for parking