FS: Like-new PRO-668 Handheld Scanner with Whistler DMR/MotoTRBO Upgrade

Radio hobby related (ONLY!) items that you have for sale or for auction at eBay. Wanted to buy posts are fine as well. Use FS when you have an item For Sale, FA when you have one For Auction, and WTB when you have something you Want To Buy.
trp

FS: Like-new PRO-668 Handheld Scanner with Whistler DMR/MotoTRBO Upgrade

#1 Post by trp » 13 Jun 2018 15:34

Up for sale is a like-new Radio Shack PRO-668 handheld scanner that has been updated by Whistler with their official DMR/MotoTRBO upgrade which makes this scanner equivalent to a Whistler WS1080. The scanner is as close to being brand-new as is possible and does not have one scratch or blemish on it. It was used in a smoke-free home and has never been used outside of my home (other than sending it to Whistler for the DMR/MotoTRBO upgrade). It even has the original plastic protection film still present on the screen and keypad area.

Included with the scanner will be the original box, owner’s manual, original 4 GB microSD card, original belt clip (never used), original antenna, original USB cable and a PRO-668/WS1080 nylon carrying case that is brand-new and has never been used. The scanner is at the very latest Whistler firmware for this scanner which is CPU 4.8 and DSP 3.1. The library database is currently at version 579 and the location database is currently at version 12. If any of those needs to be updated it will be done just prior to the sale to insure that you have the very latest versions when you receive your scanner.

The scanner will receive both analog and digital transmissions. The digital transmissions received by this scanner include P25 phase I, P25 phase 2 and DMR/MotoTRBO. Here’s a list of the PRO-668/WS1080 features:

Simple programming by ZIP Code
Multi–system trunking
Audio recording
Weather radio
Signal Stalker II
V-Scanner II
USB Interface, with PC programming software
RadioReference database (SD Card)
Masks encrypted audio
Decodes Radio ID and Talkgroup ID
Improved P25 functionality
Signal strength meter
Programmable alert LED
Discriminator output

If you are interested in purchasing or want further information or pictures please contact me via PM. (I can't attach pictures here because it says "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached.") The price for local cash pickup in Fall River, MA is $300. If you want it shipped there will be a $15 charge for USPS Priority Mail shipping and payment can be made by PayPal Friends & Family or by USPS money order only. Telephone contact to work out the details is perfectly fine with me so just PM your phone contact information and I will contact you directly.

trp

Re: FS: Like-new PRO-668 Handheld Scanner with Whistler DMR/MotoTRBO Upgrade

#2 Post by trp » 13 Jun 2018 18:09

If you want to see the pictures that I couldn't post on this site, here's the same ad with pictures included on Craigslist Southcoast: https://southcoast.craigslist.org/ele/d ... 29016.html

trp

Re: FS: Like-new PRO-668 Handheld Scanner with Whistler DMR/MotoTRBO Upgrade

#3 Post by trp » 19 Jun 2018 11:38

There was a technical issue with my original Craigslist Southcoast ad, so here is the updated working link if you want to view the PRO-668 pictures that I was unable to post here on Scan New England: https://southcoast.craigslist.org/ele/d ... 57000.html