RI ACI LTR system programming

Scanning information and discussion for the state of Rhode Island.
Tim

RI ACI LTR system programming

#1 Post by Tim » 03 Sep 2018 15:05

Hi All,
Have been trying to program my 996P2 with the LTR ACI system and not having any luck. I have entered the frequency twice there are ten frequencies to the system. I have tried all the different settings, I used the frequency line up from SNE. Not working like the GRE 600. Any advise from a Uniden fan!!! :sox2: :pint:
BCD996P2, PSR-600, Pro-2006, TRX-1, Par Mon-3 antenna - home, Gemtronics 800 mhz antenna - handheld, David Clark headset, :Bruins:

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator

Re: RI ACI LTR system programming

#2 Post by garys » 03 Sep 2018 19:30

You have the LCN programmed properly?
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

cdgordon
SNE and Wiki Moderator

#3 Post by cdgordon » 03 Sep 2018 22:08

One idea, be sure you are in Trunk Search rather than Trunk Scan. (Function, Scan while on the programmed system)

First question, are they still using the system? Check by monitoring the channels in conventional mode or set up a search and run it.
MENU
SEARCH FOR...
EDIT CUSTOM
CUSTOM 1
EDIT SEARCH LIMIT
ENTER
ENTER
MENU
MENU
CUSTOM SEARCH
When it starts, you want only Search Bank 1 on. Hit the number keys to shut off others if they are on

Next, if you monitor and hear analog voice, determine if they are using LTR. Try sitting on one of the HOME channels and listen for the key up every 10 seconds. If you hear that, continue.

Try to verify the LCN. Go back and edit the search you set up and turn on the Control Channel Only mode
MENU
SEARCH FOR...
EDIT CUSTOM
CUSTOM 1
SET CC ONLY
CC ONLY MODE
Go into the Custom Search and run it. I would use the temp lockout to get rid of unwanted control channels (P25 or Motorola).

You can look for LTR Talkgroup format (X-YY-ZZZ) where X (area code) will be a 0 or 1, YY is the Home Channel number (LCN), and ZZZ the talkgroup ID.

Once you hear traffic with a LTR ID, hit HOLD and check the frequency against the list in the WIKI
http://www.scan-ne.net/wiki/index.php?t ... ing_School
If the HOME repeater and the channel matches with the Database, that channel is correct. Keep looking for others and check them.

chris

ecps92
Wiki Administrator

#4 Post by ecps92 » 04 Sep 2018 07:17

My first thought is...
Since there have been no Validations/ReConfirmations of the Data, it could be out-of-date.

Maybe analyze the LCN's, as Chris has pointed out
Tim wrote:
03 Sep 2018 15:05
Hi All,
Have been trying to program my 996P2 with the LTR ACI system and not having any luck. I have entered the frequency twice there are ten frequencies to the system. I have tried all the different settings, I used the frequency line up from SNE. Not working like the GRE 600. Any advise from a Uniden fan!!! :sox2: :pint:
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

pete
SNE and Wiki Moderator

#5 Post by pete » 05 Sep 2018 08:41

This system is alive and operating with the LCN order as listed in the wiki, with the exception of LCN 1. I confirmed the LCN's this morning with my HP 2. Wiki updated. I don't usually listen to this system because they are so busy that they monopolize my HP 2 and don't let it scan the other systems I have entered. System is loud and clear and receiving full signal (5 bars) with just the Radio Shack rubber 800 MHz antenna directly attached. (no outside antenna used)
Pete :Pats: :sox: :Bruins:
never forget W6 & 343 & C9

ecps92
Wiki Administrator

#6 Post by ecps92 » 05 Sep 2018 09:59

Thanks Pete for that well needed update
pete wrote:
05 Sep 2018 08:41
This system is alive and operating with the LCN order as listed in the wiki, with the exception of LCN 1. I confirmed the LCN's this morning with my HP 2. Wiki updated. I don't usually listen to this system because they are so busy that they monopolize my HP 2 and don't let it scan the other systems I have entered. System is loud and clear and receiving full signal (5 bars) with just the Radio Shack rubber 800 MHz antenna directly attached. (no outside antenna used)
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

Tim

#7 Post by Tim » 08 Sep 2018 00:03

Everyone thanks for the help. I think it was just a basic setting I missed in Freescan. I didn't give it a Group Quick Key and disabled Use Motorola End Code. The ACI LTR site is working fine. :beer:
BCD996P2, PSR-600, Pro-2006, TRX-1, Par Mon-3 antenna - home, Gemtronics 800 mhz antenna - handheld, David Clark headset, :Bruins: