Analog Channels for MSP

Discussion forum for scanning Western Massachusetts, including the cities of Springfield, Pittsfield, Holyoke,
and all cities and towns within the counties of Berkshire, Hampden, Hampshire, and Franklin.
Microphone

Analog Channels for MSP

#1 Post by Microphone » 13 Jun 2019 15:01

It appears the analog frequencies of 851.175 or 851.875 do not repeat the B-PTL2 traffic anymore. I've heard nothing for a while and was wondering if they were eliminated or switched. I tried some of the other frequencies listed in the conventional channel box here at SNE but with no luck.

Here in Franklin County, the Shelburne tower, which carried the B-PTL-2 traffic stopped carrying that over a month ago.
Some of that traffic can be heard on the Toby site, but only a fraction.

Thanks in advance for your responses.
Last edited by W1KNE on 13 Jun 2019 18:03, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: All Caps Title set to normal case.

ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Re: Analog Channels for MSP

#2 Post by ecps92 » 14 Jun 2019 07:06

I'm sure some others who frequent Western Mass will chime in, but...
with the Roll-out in Western Mass of ComIRS
https://www.scan-ne.net/wiki/index.php? ... Project_25
I would assume they moved over there and discontinued the need for the Stand-Alone Analog Repeater

As to traffic on the Towers only the North and South simulcast should generally contain most of the Traffic.
the other sites are fill-in sites for lacking of coverage and generally pass only traffic when someone has a Radio affiliated
to that specific site and a Talk-Group. No one in the neighborhood = No Traffic

Sounds like some of is affiliating on Toby but not Shelburne

Hope this helps
Microphone wrote:
13 Jun 2019 15:01
It appears the analog frequencies of 851.175 or 851.875 do not repeat the B-PTL2 traffic anymore. I've heard nothing for a while and was wondering if they were eliminated or switched. I tried some of the other frequencies listed in the conventional channel box here at SNE but with no luck.

Here in Franklin County, the Shelburne tower, which carried the B-PTL-2 traffic stopped carrying that over a month ago.
Some of that traffic can be heard on the Toby site, but only a fraction.

Thanks in advance for your responses.
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

Microphone

Re: Analog Channels for MSP

#3 Post by Microphone » 14 Jun 2019 15:30

Bill I guess I'm naive (and uninformed). I thought for the time being what appeared on the digital side was also appearing on the analog side, but I guess that's not the case and me not knowing/owning a digital scanner doesn't help learn this process. I pop over to the link you provided more and more and try to figure out exactly where the north and south towers are. I get the north one very well (the signal and accompanying noise) when doing a scan of the 850's, but the south one is a little sketchy in Montague. I get what I believe is the Warwick tower as well.

Thanks for chiming in.