RISCON Task Force 1

Scanning information and discussion for the state of Rhode Island.
artb257

RISCON Task Force 1

#1 Post by artb257 » 07 Aug 2019 12:09

Recently, while in Rhode Island for a couple days, I heard FD's being dispatched to a missing swimmer in the waters off of Warwick. Several departments sent boats and other resources to assist in the search. On the Intercity FD talkgroup, an announcement was made (by some control point - I think he said "Metro Control") that all operations for the incident were going to be on "Task Force 1" and that this was formerly "Wide Area 5". I didn't have this talkgroup in my scanner, so I did a search and eventually heard some chatter on Talkgroup 6. Upon looking up this information in the Wiki when I got home, I noticed that Wide Area 5 was, in fact, Talkgroup 6. Anyone know if the other Wide Area talkgroups have been renamed with Task Force designations? I'm not in the area regularly enough to be able to monitor. Also, besides the intercity FD & PD simulcasts, is there much activity on any of the other areawide talkgroups? I'm considering adding these to my scan list for the next time I'm down there.

Thanks
Arthur
artb257