Good deal on brand-new Uniden BCD325P2 handheld phase II scanner

Scanners, antennas, coax, filters, amplifiers, demodulators...you get the idea. Scanning equipment questions, answers, and discussion belongs here!
trp

Good deal on brand-new Uniden BCD325P2 handheld phase II scanner

Post by trp »

For those who might be in the market for a brand-new Uniden BCD325P2 handheld phase II scanner, Bearcat Warehouse has a very good deal on them right now and they are listed as being "IN STOCK." The price is $369.99 and that includes FREE shipping (valid on any order over $200) and NO sales tax unless you are shipping your scanner to a Maryland address.

Note that purchases made on eBay and Amazon these days are charged sales tax to all applicable states/jurisdictions. If you could find the same $369.99 price for a brand-new scanner on eBay or Amazon, it would still cost you an additional $23.12 in sales tax (6.25% of $369.99) if you were shipping the scanner to Massachusetts. YMMV depending on the state you are shipping to.

Here's the direct link if you want to have a look for yourself and/or purchase one: https://www.bearcatwarehouse.com/scanne ... my_scanner

garys
Forums and Wiki Moderator

Re: Good deal on brand-new Uniden BCD325P2 handheld phase II scanner

Post by garys »

Now you're just rubbing it in! ;)
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

trp

Post by trp »

garys wrote:
05 Jan 2022 18:34
Now you're just rubbing it in! ;)
Actually my post was not directed at you but was the result of some very recent research I had done for a friend of mine (who is not too internet savvy) searching out the best current deal on a BCD325P2. $369.99 from Bearcat Warehouse is the best fully-delivered price (which factors in any shipping charges and any sales tax) I could find anywhere at this time.

A good middle-of-the-road alternative to buying a brand-new Uniden scanner or a used/second-hand Uniden scanner is to purchase a FACTORY-refurbished scanner (refurbished by Uniden in this case). They usually offer a significant price savings compared to buying brand-new, are typically in like-new/pristine condition, come with all of the original factory accessories and, most importantly, come with a Uniden 90-day parts/labor warranty. I searched high and low for any factory-refurbished BCD325P2 scanners for my friend but couldn't find any. That's probably due to the rampant supply chain issues that we have all been experiencing during the pandemic.

FYI I purchased a Uniden BCD396XT factory-refurbished scanner many years ago and saved about $100 compared to buying brand-new at the time. The unit arrived in the factory box with all of the factory accessories, in like-new condition both electronically and cosmetically and has never given me one problem over the years. If it didn't have a "Factory Serviced" sticker on the battery compartment cover you would swear it was a brand-new scanner when it arrived.

garys
Forums and Wiki Moderator

Post by garys »

I have bought factory refurbished Unidens in the past with good results. As you point out though, right now there is a shortage.

At some point I expect to have a used, but in good condition, 325P2 for sale. I have to wait until Uniden does whatever to the one that I sent to them before that. The one that went back has DMR, which is why I bought it. In the interim I'm using the one without DMR to listen to my local PD and a few other agencies. I'll use one of my other scanners or my SDR set up if I want to listen to Public Works until then.

These are nice little scanners for the money.
trp wrote:
05 Jan 2022 20:24
Actually my post was not directed at you but was the result of some very recent research I had done for a friend of mine (who is not too internet savvy) searching out the best current deal on a BCD325P2. $369.99 from Bearcat Warehouse is the best fully-delivered price (which factors in any shipping charges and any sales tax) I could find anywhere at this time.

A good middle-of-the-road alternative to buying a brand-new Uniden scanner or a used/second-hand Uniden scanner is to purchase a FACTORY-refurbished scanner (refurbished by Uniden in this case). They usually offer a significant price savings compared to buying brand-new, are typically in like-new/pristine condition, come with all of the original factory accessories and, most importantly, come with a Uniden 90-day parts/labor warranty. I searched high and low for any factory-refurbished BCD325P2 scanners for my friend but couldn't find any. That's probably due to the rampant supply chain issues that we have all been experiencing during the pandemic.

FYI I purchased a Uniden BCD396XT factory-refurbished scanner many years ago and saved about $100 compared to buying brand-new at the time. The unit arrived in the factory box with all of the factory accessories, in like-new condition both electronically and cosmetically and has never given me one problem over the years. If it didn't have a "Factory Serviced" sticker on the battery compartment cover you would swear it was a brand-new scanner when it arrived.
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

joekay1

Post by joekay1 »

Thanks for the information TRP !

trp

Post by trp »

garys wrote:
05 Jan 2022 20:37
I have bought factory refurbished Unidens in the past with good results. As you point out though, right now there is a shortage...
After doing some further research with someone in-the-know, I found out that Uniden (as of early 2021) is now sending their scanners that need to be factory-refurbished to their factory in Vietnam to have it done. They used to be refurbished at their facilities in the USA. That could be one of the reasons that it is very difficult right now to find any of the Uniden factory-refurbished scanners in stock anywhere.