BCD536HP and GPS

Scanners, antennas, coax, filters, amplifiers, demodulators...you get the idea. Scanning equipment questions, answers, and discussion belongs here!

deacon

BCD536HP and GPS

#1 Post by deacon » 07 Oct 2019 14:52

I just finished a 30 day road trip with the a 536 married to a Uniden GPS. I was extremely pleased with the performance. Great technology, the GPS turned systems on and off as I traveled. I never touch the radio. I mostly used a range of 15 and 20 miles. My only complaint is that a separate category should exist for State Police/Highway Patrol. Law Dispatch is too broad. A funny side bar: I was nailed for speeding by forward facing radar on a lonely road in Keith County Nebraska. After I gave the lovely female deputy my DL and Reg, I listened on the scanner as she ran my info and discussed the outcome of the stop with her dispatch. After a brief conversation, I left with a verbal warning. Not bad for 79 in a 65 zone. But, I am old so that probably helped.

Chuck

Mark SNE Moderator
SNE and Wiki Moderator

Re: BCD536HP and GPS

#2 Post by Mark SNE Moderator » 07 Oct 2019 20:33

Did she say anything about the scanner in your vehicle?
Mark,

Scan New England Moderator

On Twitter @marksheehan17

deacon

Re: BCD536HP and GPS

#3 Post by deacon » 08 Oct 2019 09:16

She said nothing, somewhat surprising, as I had my WPD 136 Multi-Band Antenna in the middle of the roof on a 4" mag mount. I also had the GPS puck mounted at the top of the "A" pillar. I guess, some folks do not make the connection if they unfamiliar with antennas and radios.