Handling of unknown frequencies that could be inputs

This forum is for discussion about the overall website and message board setup, comments, suggestions, and gripes.
n1zyy

Handling of unknown frequencies that could be inputs

#1 Post by n1zyy » 01 Aug 2019 18:56

Obviously, we should not be publishing repeater input frequencies. And it's often fairly obvious what's what.

But what about cases where it's not? I've got a couple of oddball VHF things I found that I'm interested in discussing in the appropriate regional forums here. I don't think they are repeater inputs, but I'm only 95% sure. Is it OK to post stuff like that for discussion, or better to completely avoid?
Matt, N1ZYY ★ Lowell, MA

W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

Re: Handling of unknown frequencies that could be inputs

#2 Post by W1KNE » 02 Aug 2019 17:14

Hi Matt,

Let us get back to you on this.

Thanks,
-- Mike
Mike Fitzpatrick
Broadcast Engineer - RF Enthusiast
Owner: Scan New England - NECRAT.US
Issues with Scan New England can be privately addressed to me. W1KNE at scan-ne.com.

W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

#3 Post by W1KNE » 05 Aug 2019 18:35

n1zyy wrote:
01 Aug 2019 18:56
Obviously, we should not be publishing repeater input frequencies. And it's often fairly obvious what's what.

But what about cases where it's not? I've got a couple of oddball VHF things I found that I'm interested in discussing in the appropriate regional forums here. I don't think they are repeater inputs, but I'm only 95% sure. Is it OK to post stuff like that for discussion, or better to completely avoid?
So I think we're better off to err on the side of caution, and not publish what you think maybe an input. Instead if you want to email or PM me or Bill (ecps92) the frequencies, we can figure out. If we are confident it's not an input, then give you the green light to post it here.
Mike Fitzpatrick
Broadcast Engineer - RF Enthusiast
Owner: Scan New England - NECRAT.US
Issues with Scan New England can be privately addressed to me. W1KNE at scan-ne.com.

n1zyy

#4 Post by n1zyy » 08 Aug 2019 19:45

Sounds good! I've got one I'll DM you, and one I wanted to get some more monitoring on.
Matt, N1ZYY ★ Lowell, MA