link to Portland

This forum is for discussion about the overall website and message board setup, comments, suggestions, and gripes.
a417

link to Portland

Post by a417 »

The only way I can find my way into Portland's page is by searching on the site, is that by design? There's no way for a user to drill down from the landing page? (Sorry, I just found a link to it in a comment on the Cumberland Co Fire page - where it's linked in via the VHF simulcast frequency)

As it is a well built out system, and isn't going any where any time soon...wouldn't it make sense to have it to be a little easier to find? Like, the county quicklist could have a link into TRS within the county?
Exit 53.

ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Re: link to Portland

Post by ecps92 »

Main Wiki page
go to Maine
go to the Cumberland County and
from each of the Fire/Police/Local Government they each have a link to the Portland or So.Portland have hyperlinks to the Portland Page
a417 wrote:
19 Jun 2020 10:08
The only way I can find my way into Portland's page is by searching on the site, is that by design? There's no way for a user to drill down from the landing page? (Sorry, I just found a link to it in a comment on the Cumberland Co Fire page - where it's linked in via the VHF simulcast frequency)

As it is a well built out system, and isn't going any where any time soon...wouldn't it make sense to have it to be a little easier to find? Like, the county quicklist could have a link into TRS within the county?
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

Post by W1KNE »

a417 wrote:
19 Jun 2020 10:08

Yes, it would be. Some of the "northern municipal trunks" are somewhat buried. I have an idea that may help. Stand by.
Mike Fitzpatrick
Broadcast Engineer - RF Enthusiast
Owner: Scan New England - NECRAT.US
Issues with Scan New England can be privately addressed to me. W1KNE at scan-ne.com.

a417

Post by a417 »

Alright, that's what I found after some concerted hunting around as well. I just figured as the system encompasses fire / police / ems / muni TGIDs, that the system landing page would be a tad more prominent than having to find it buried in a comments line for a particular subclass of TGids.
Exit 53.

W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

Post by W1KNE »

This was a great idea, thanks! It was overly confusing.

Now each portal page has a list of the municipal pages being used in each state, except for Vermont, where there are none.

Maine as I understand it could have a couple more down the road too.
Mike Fitzpatrick
Issues with Scan New England can be privately addressed to me. W1KNE at scan-ne.com.

a417

Post by a417 »

Nicely done, that fits the bill perfectly.
Exit 53.

a417

Post by a417 »

Not trying to make more work, but would that also end up on the Quicklists page found here https://www.scan-ne.net/wiki/index.php?title=Quicklists?
Exit 53.

W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

Post by W1KNE »

a417 wrote:
19 Jun 2020 17:11
Not trying to make more work, but would that also end up on the Quicklists page found here https://www.scan-ne.net/wiki/index.php?title=Quicklists?
Nope. That page is old and soon to be archived anyways.
Mike Fitzpatrick

a417

Post by a417 »

Got it.
Exit 53.