Update Issues

This forum is for discussion about the overall website and message board setup, comments, suggestions, and gripes.
garys
Forums and Wiki Moderator

Re: Update Issues

Post by garys »

Last edited by W1KNE on 05 Apr 2020 14:09, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed edit line from wiki link
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.
W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

Post by W1KNE »

garys wrote: 05 Apr 2020 13:11 On the BAPERN page, https://scan-ne.net/wiki/index.php?title=BAPERN, the PDF map loads a blank page. http://www.scan-ne.net/data/bapernmap.pdf
Please be careful when linking to the wiki, that it's not the edit line, but the page name only.

The folder it links to doesn't exist. I just updated the link to the remote host from the GBPC.org site.
Mike Fitzpatrick
Broadcast Engineer - RF Enthusiast - Municipal Fire Alarm Collector
Owner: Scan New England - NECRAT.US
luckyjoe

Post by luckyjoe »

I noticed that the VT military and the RI military links in the wiki load as blank pages. Also, I would be pulling my hair out working my way through the bugs. Great job you guys, a lot of patience and sacrificing your free time. Appreciate it on this end.
garys

Post by garys »

Try it now.
luckyjoe wrote: 05 Apr 2020 16:06 I noticed that the VT military and the RI military links in the wiki load as blank pages. Also, I would be pulling my hair out working my way through the bugs. Great job you guys, a lot of patience and sacrificing your free time. Appreciate it on this end.
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.
garys

Post by garys »

I took a look at it, but I don't think I changed anything. At least not on purpose. On the VT and RI military pages, I removed the formatting characters that were causing issues, but nothing else.

I've correcting the external links that returned 404 messages when I can find updated pages. Those aren't update issues, but I figured I'd fix them as I came across them.
W1KNE wrote: 05 Apr 2020 14:10 Please be careful when linking to the wiki, that it's not the edit line, but the page name only.

The folder it links to doesn't exist. I just updated the link to the remote host from the GBPC.org site.
ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Post by ecps92 »

All 2,009 wiki pages have been viewed and those needing to be reset have been.
https://scan-ne.net/wiki/index.php?titl ... Statistics

I did not check any of the internal or external links to maps, files etc
W1KNE wrote: 04 Apr 2020 20:09 All set. Weird one on that will require some investigating.
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"
luckyjoe

Post by luckyjoe »

VT and RI military all set now, thanks much!
garys

Post by garys »

Good work. I plan to continue as I have time hitting random Wiki pages and checking on external links. Websites come and go with some regularity, even government ones. So, as with frequency information, it makes sense to reconfirm them from time to time.
ecps92 wrote: 05 Apr 2020 18:32 All 2,009 wiki pages have been viewed and those needing to be reset have been.
https://scan-ne.net/wiki/index.php?titl ... Statistics

I did not check any of the internal or external links to maps, files etc
sawyer100

Post by sawyer100 »

clickable page titles fixed. Thank you!
jbella

Post by jbella »

Thanks.
W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

Post by W1KNE »

Thank You everyone for your help!

It's been 12 days since the last bug report, so hopefully, everything has been resolved. So with that, this thread is closed.

I appreciate your time and patience that allowed us to better your experience here at Scan New England.

Huge hats off to Scott for doing the majority of the work, and those who scanned the Wiki.

Can't thank you enough!

A virtual beer, on the house!! :pint:

If any new website issues develop, please post a new message in this forum, or contact one of the admins.

Thanks,
-- Mike Fitzpatrick
Mike Fitzpatrick
Broadcast Engineer - RF Enthusiast - Municipal Fire Alarm Collector
Owner: Scan New England - NECRAT.US