This forum is for discussion about the overall website and message board setup, comments, suggestions, and gripes.
Joe SNE Moderator

Post by Joe SNE Moderator »

Ok, I see the "New Posts" thread up on top, but where's the "Get Daily" link that is linked on the main http://www.scancapecod.us/ page?

Lynskey 85

Post by Lynskey 85 »

Joe, I already emailed Scott about this and he says it is something he will work on. If you arent logged in, its the daily post, but once you log in, its the new post.

Also, Can we get quick reply or is that not available in this board?
Greg Lynskey
W2GEL
Communications Center Director - South Worcester County Communications Center

Joe SNE Moderator

Yeah, I just copied the actual URL from the main http://www.scancapecod.us/page and pasted that into my links header on IE. That way it's "there".

Scott
Site Administrator

Post by Scott »

The daily posts link is by default available to guests. Seems like it might be a popular link. I hadn't considered it as the new posts link actually WORKS with this message forum. :)

It appears I can find a spot for it on one of the navbars if you folks would like to see it.
Scott
SNE Maintenance/Janitor/Fixer of "Things"

Joe SNE Moderator

The only reason I found a need for the daily posts is because I clicked "New Posts" this morning, read some of the 'new' posts, then went away for an hour or two. I came back to continue reading, and all of the unread new posts had disappeared. The only way I could go back and see what I didn't read was to go through each forum and read the unread threads.

After doing all that, it was only then that I found the daily post link. D'oh!

Scott
Site Administrator

Post by Scott »

I'll add it today at some point.
Scott

Scott
Site Administrator

Post by Scott »

I have added an option to retrieve "Today's Posts" to the Quick Links dropdown menu. I didn't add it as an up front link due to the fact that the links on the bottom navbar are already pretty close together. Jamming more in there could potentially start to make things look funky at 1024 x 768 resolutions, and most certainly at 800 x 600.

It's tested and working. Enjoy!
Scott