Uniden Custom Search issue, fix, and Thank You

For any scanning or radio topic that does not fit into the other forums. Anything that simply doesn't fit anywhere else!

bfrederi

Uniden Custom Search issue, fix, and Thank You

#1 Post by bfrederi » 23 May 2019 13:57

I'm spending some time at home post-op, and exploring some BCD436HP features that I haven't used much until now.

In trying to track down a local bus service, I set up some Custom Search ranges throughout 460, 470, and 480 MHz.

460 worked as expected. 470 & 480 were completely dead, even though I could stop & tune manually to an active frequency and have it pop up. Drove me absolutely nuts for a while. I finally found the answer on RR, posted and self-solved by W1KNE two years ago: the UHF TV broadcast screen is set ON by default, and in this area we have a boatload of T-Band frequencies in use. I don't see the problem addressed here on scan-ne, so I am posting it here with a link and a great big Thank You :beer: to Mike :celtics: :

https://forums.radioreference.com/threa ... ue.356183/

I'm surprised this hasn't bitten more New England scanner listeners. (Or maybe I've just managed to miss the discussions.)

W1KNE

Re: Uniden Custom Search issue, fix, and Thank You

#2 Post by W1KNE » 23 May 2019 16:28

Thanks for this post. I had the same issue on my SDS200 recently but couldn't figure it out. I just checked and it was on. Thanks for reminding me of my fix.

:pint:
Mike Fitzpatrick
Broadcast Engineer - RF Enthusiast
Owner: Scan New England - NECRAT.US
Issues with Scan New England can be privately addressed to me. W1KNE at scan-ne.com.