T Band

For any scanning or radio topic that does not fit into the other forums. Anything that simply doesn't fit anywhere else!

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator

T Band

Post by garys »

Will be fixed by Congress and stay in public safety.
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

Re: T Band

Post by W1KNE »

Link? Source?
Mike Fitzpatrick
Broadcast Engineer - RF Enthusiast
Owner: Scan New England - NECRAT.US
Issues with Scan New England can be privately addressed to me. W1KNE at scan-ne.com.

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator

Post by garys »

Neither. At least that I can share.
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

jbella

Post by jbella »

That's gonna be awful disappointing to a lot of people who stood to make a lot of money by not exactly telling the truth (read: salesmen).

ScanBoston
SNE and Wiki Moderator

Post by ScanBoston »

If true it will actually mean instant narrowbanding for T-band that was put on hold so that will still mean some money.

ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Post by ecps92 »

Ahh ? It is not just Public Safety, last I checked the licenses in that portion of the spectrum :cool:
garys wrote:
08 May 2020 17:11
Will be fixed by Congress and stay in public safety.
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Post by ecps92 »

Many agencies already did NB their T-Band equipment way back before the exemption
ScanBoston wrote:
08 May 2020 20:20
If true it will actually mean instant narrowbanding for T-band that was put on hold so that will still mean some money.
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator

Post by garys »

I wasn't told anything about commercial services, but public safety concerns were specifically mentioned. Maybe the commercial users will be along for the ride.
ecps92 wrote:
09 May 2020 12:12
Ahh ? It is not just Public Safety, last I checked the licenses in that portion of the spectrum :cool:

W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

Post by W1KNE »

garys wrote:
09 May 2020 20:35
I wasn't told anything about commercial services, but public safety concerns were specifically mentioned. Maybe the commercial users will be along for the ride.
They would be most likely by default. The T Band channel allocation falls under FCC 47 CFR 90.303, 90.305, and 90.311.
Under the section 90.311, it indicates which users are allowed to use the frequencies in the band(s).
They fall under the general pool.
90.311(1) states:
(C)hannel availability in the General Access Pool in any of the urbanized areas referred to in the table depends on whether that channel is presently assigned to one of the following categories of users:
90.311(1)(I-VII):
Public safety (as defined in § 90.20(a)); Power and telephone maintenance licensees (as defined in § 90.7); Special industrial licensees (as defined in § 90.7); Business licensees (as defined in § 90.35(a));
Petroleum, forest products, and manufacturers licensees (as defined in § 90.7); Railroad, motor carrier, and automobile emergency licensees (as defined in § 90.7); and Taxicab licensees (as defined in § 90.7).
The only way that ONLY public safety would be the only ones allowed to remain, would require a modification to the rule, which has to be on public record for a number of days prior to being implemented.
Not saying they won't but the likely-hood is strong that it's everyone goes at once, or no one goes at all.
Mike Fitzpatrick
Issues with Scan New England can be privately addressed to me. W1KNE at scan-ne.com.

CW158

Post by CW158 »

Don't break up T-Band is part of the Heros Act Bill

https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-con ... 0?s=1&r=48

It was in the past part of the original Stimulus Bill but got cut out last minute.
cw158

35F7

Post by 35F7 »

It has been in a number of bills and is always cut during the negotiations phase.

The Republicans don't want anything in the bill that doesn't relate to COVID-19.

It is a bargaining chip...We will give up this for that.

Don't bet your fortune on it making it into the final legislation.

W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

Post by W1KNE »

35F7 wrote:
15 May 2020 12:58
It has been in a number of bills and is always cut during the negotiations phase.

The Republicans don't want anything in the bill that doesn't relate to COVID-19.

It is a bargaining chip...We will give up this for that.

Don't bet your fortune on it making it into the final legislation.
Correct, it's DOA. It'll have to be part of another bill.

And officially, this ends the political part of this discussion.

Thanks.
Mike Fitzpatrick