All is quiet!

For any scanning or radio topic that does not fit into the other forums. Anything that simply doesn't fit anywhere else!

deacon

All is quiet!

Post by deacon »

Anyone else noticing how silent Nets 139,171, 134 and 178 have been???

Chuck

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator

Re: All is quiet!

Post by garys »

Yes. Not too surprising. No school, so no special needs vans. A lot of other traffic is down as well. Even the private ambulances are less busy because there are fewer routine transports. Dialysis runs are on normal schedules, people will be discharged home or to nursing homes, but scheduled appointments are being cancelled unless it's a critical issue.

Tow companies are likely down as there are fewer illegally parked cars to be towed.

And so on.

TG510 on ICE has interesting traffic, but I can't quite pin it down. Might be some sort of security operations.
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

deacon

Post by deacon »

TG 510 on Net 134?

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator

Post by garys »

Yes.
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

deacon

Post by deacon »

Nothing heard on that TG, perhaps it it not available on the sites I receive.

Chuck

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator

Post by garys »

I was hearing it on Foxboro, but didn't check other sites. It seems quiet now, I'll check tomorrow if I have time.

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator

Post by garys »

Active again today. References to "Refs" or "Recs" and "Medicals." Also, mention of a Sergeant and a Lieutenant. It seems like traffic/parking control as they are counting spaces available.

deacon

Post by deacon »

Are you hearing this on Foxboro?

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator

Post by garys »

Yes, I haven't tried any other sites today. They're shutting down at 5:00PM.

I also heard TG 390, which is MedFlight with the base referred to as "Flight Operations."
deacon wrote:
22 Mar 2020 16:07
Are you hearing this on Foxboro?

W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

Post by W1KNE »

garys wrote:
22 Mar 2020 16:11
Yes, I haven't tried any other sites today. They're shutting down at 5:00PM.
It's also coming in on West Bridgewater.
Mike Fitzpatrick
Broadcast Engineer - RF Enthusiast
Owner: Scan New England - NECRAT.US
Issues with Scan New England can be privately addressed to me. W1KNE at scan-ne.com.

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator

Post by garys »

Radio traffic is pretty much normal this morning, at least on the ICE MotoTrbo system. I'm still listening to Foxboro. No hits on TG 510, and not school buses, but other businesses seem to be active.

EDIT: I no sooner hit "Submit" and TG510 lit up again. Maybe I'll be able to get an idea of where they are today.

W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

Post by W1KNE »

I believe it's a parking detail at the Medwell medical clinic in Brockton. I heard a reference to Medwell a few minutes ago. Medwell is a medical marijuana place. That would explain the "medical" vs "recreational (rec)" heard. Also their Google page indicates they close at 5.
Mike Fitzpatrick
Issues with Scan New England can be privately addressed to me. W1KNE at scan-ne.com.

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator

Post by garys »

Maybe what I'm hearing is actually "Medwell" instead of "medical. Which would make sense. Or maybe they have separate facilities for recreational and medical customers.
That would explain the reference to police stopping by.

1200 Chestnut is listed as "In Good Health" dispensary with "medical" and "Adult" selections. Might have been bought by Medwell.

Since I have little else to do, maybe a drive by is in order.

TG 505 seems to be some sort of trash disposal facility with a lot of construction debris. I heard a reference to Defillppo Construction. They're out of Dedham. I don't think it's their yard, but they were mentioned along with other companies.
W1KNE wrote:
23 Mar 2020 15:20
I believe it's a parking detail at the Medwell medical clinic in Brockton. I heard a reference to Medwell a few minutes ago. Medwell is a medical marijuana place. That would explain the "medical" vs "recreational (rec)" heard. Also their Google page indicates they close at 5.

W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

Post by W1KNE »

garys wrote:
23 Mar 2020 16:01
Maybe what I'm hearing is actually "Medwell" instead of "medical. Which would make sense. Or maybe they have separate facilities for recreational and medical customers.
That would explain the reference to police stopping by.
Your hearing isn't failing you. They refer often to Medical Vs. Rec parking.

I think this is Medwell, it all makes sense. I am definitely hearing them on West Bridgewater and Foxboro, which also makes sense for Brockton.
Mike Fitzpatrick

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator

Post by garys »

When I look up 1400 W. Chestnut Brockton, MA on Google Maps, it shows both In Good Health and Medwell. I'm working on the premise that Medwell bought out the other company. I'm interested to find out if it's private security or Brockton PD doing the security. Some of the radio traffic leads me to believe that it might be BPD.

On a different note, TG204 came alive with plowing and sanding of business parking lots just as 510 went dead. I see you also heard it, but it's clear on Foxboro. I updated the Alpha Tag from Unknown to Plowing in the Brockton-Stougthon-Randolph area. I gave you credit. ;)
W1KNE wrote:
23 Mar 2020 18:59
Your hearing isn't failing you. They refer often to Medical Vs. Rec parking.

I think this is Medwell, it all makes sense. I am definitely hearing them on West Bridgewater and Foxboro, which also makes sense for Brockton.

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator

Post by garys »

There was no radio traffic on TTG 510 this morning, but had to go out, so I went by 1400 Chestnut St.There was one bored looking security guard out front. There was also an empty BPD cruiser parked on the side of the building. I guess the weekend rush is over, so they've cut back to one guard. Everything matches what we've heard on the radio and discussed here.

The only real question is if the TG is for rentals by ICE or belongs to a particular customer.

Back to the main topic, radio traffic seems to be pretty close to normal. Tow companies, AAA, private ambulances, construction, dumpster companies. Commtronics (network 139) might be really slow as they have a lot of school/special needs transport companies and those are probably not doing a lot with schools out.

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator

Post by garys »

I read an article on line today that said that recreational marijuana stores were petitioning the Governor to allow them to re open. Medical stores can be open because they are considered essential.

Based on that, I think the busy traffic a couple of weeks ago was the weekend before the shutdown took effect. The recreational users were just trying to stock up.

We probably won't hear that TG again even if they do open. At least not with that operation. It bears listening in case it belongs to some sort of security operation.