Any musicians on here?

Discuss any non-radio topic. Just about anything goes. Be civil, no personal vendettas and NO FLAME WARS are allowed! Kick back...relax...have a virtual beer...it's on Scott! Welcome to the Bar & Grille!
riskan20

Any musicians on here?

Post by riskan20 »

Just wondering if there are any musicians on here. In addition to enjoying scanning as a hobby, I also like playing music. My own music actually. Not really into covers. I have a small studio set up and I play guitar, bass guitar, and keys. My music preference is mostly jazz but lately I have been doing a lot of themes. I guess I am more of a music nerd cause I like to keep away from sounding too mainstream. I have done a lot of recording and do my own production. I play mostly acoustic guitar now. Used to play electric for a long time. But I also like piano and keyboard stuff too. I enjoy production. Kind of like in our scanning hobby many of us go beyond what the casual ordinary person would use a scanner for. I tend to get pretty deep in music theory to create my own thing. But it's the fun of exploration, like searching for new frequencies. But it's pretty nerdy stuff. And it gives me something to occupy my time, especially now with this virus thing happening, I am home a lot. And being retired I can take my time working on things. :cool:

Mark SNE Moderator
SNE and Wiki Moderator

Re: Any musicians on here?

Post by Mark SNE Moderator »

I play drums. Have played since 5th grade. If you want, go to YouTube and check out my channel, its markmainchannel and there are several videos of me jamming with my sons and old friends from back in the day.
Mark,

Scan New England Moderator

jbella

Post by jbella »

What do you call a guy who hangs out with musicians?

A drummer.

<rimshot>

riskan20

Post by riskan20 »

Mark SNE Moderator wrote:
14 Mar 2020 19:43
I play drums. Have played since 5th grade. If you want, go to YouTube and check out my channel, its markmainchannel and there are several videos of me jamming with my sons and old friends from back in the day.
Hi Mark! Watching the videos now...thats a really nice drum set. Good tune too, very well done. "Paranoid Android"......pro quality. Thats a good bass player! Wow this kicks ass!

Mark SNE Moderator
SNE and Wiki Moderator

Thanks. The bass player is my son, who is 20 years old, self taught.
Mark,

riskan20

Post by riskan20 »

Mark SNE Moderator wrote:
23 Mar 2020 20:21
Thanks. The bass player is my son, who is 20 years old, self taught.
I listened to the other videos too and U guys are really good! Yes your son is very good on bass. Do you plan to do more videos or maybe record some music?

Mark SNE Moderator
SNE and Wiki Moderator

riskan20 wrote:
24 Mar 2020 12:44
I listened to the other videos too and U guys are really good! Yes your son is very good on bass. Do you plan to do more videos or maybe record some music?
We are all friends who went to school together and get together once in a while to play/record a song or two. It's all just for fun.
Mark,

Medic Responder

Post by Medic Responder »

I play the piano, violin, and I sing. My favorite genre is rat pack/big band stuff. You can check out my website at www.gabrielricker.com.
Gabriel Ricker