You-Do-It President's Day Sale

Discuss any non-radio topic. Just about anything goes. Be civil, no personal vendettas and NO FLAME WARS are allowed! Kick back...relax...have a virtual beer...it's on Scott! Welcome to the Bar & Grille!
Citywide 173

You-Do-It President's Day Sale

Post by Citywide 173 »

I wasn't sure exactly where this would fit, but You-Do-It's annual President's Day sale is currently running through February 22nd. If you are on their mailing list, you should have received a email with a 20% off coupon. I went in today and was able to pick up an SDS-200 at their sale price of $599.99 and the coupon actually applied (even though it says sale items are excluded,) giving me a grand total before taxes of $479.99. Don't know if it was a mistake on their part, but I figured I'd share for those of you who got the email.
youdoit_LI.jpg
youdoit_LI.jpg (201.08 KiB) Viewed 16263 times
Ed Burke
Administrator-Firepics Online Groups
KD1EMS WQRD823

deacon

Re: You-Do-It President's Day Sale

Post by deacon »

I think you got the door with a great deal. U-do-it has been around long time, they should know how to conduct business.

W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

Post by W1KNE »

Citywide 173 wrote:
15 Feb 2020 14:18
I wasn't sure exactly where this would fit, but You-Do-It's annual President's Day sale is currently running through February 22nd. If you are on their mailing list, you should have received a email with a 20% off coupon. I went in today and was able to pick up an SDS-200 at their sale price of $599.99 and the coupon actually applied (even though it says sale items are excluded,) giving me a grand total before taxes of $479.99. Don't know if it was a mistake on their part, but I figured I'd share for those of you who got the email.

youdoit_LI.jpg
I know who your sales rep was. It was most likely not an error. Good find. This your first of the SDS series?
Mike Fitzpatrick
Broadcast Engineer - RF Enthusiast
Owner: Scan New England - NECRAT.US
Issues with Scan New England can be privately addressed to me. W1KNE at scan-ne.com.

Citywide 173

Post by Citywide 173 »

It is my first, I'm interested in seeing how it does against my G5. I'm looking at a new-to-me vehicle in the near future and this will be one of the items in the console I plan on installing. For the time being, it will be on my desk.
Ed Burke
KD1EMS WQRD823

W1KNE
Owner-Webmaster

Post by W1KNE »

Citywide 173 wrote:
15 Feb 2020 15:49
It is my first, I'm interested in seeing how it does against my G5. I'm looking at a new-to-me vehicle in the near future and this will be one of the items in the console I plan on installing. For the time being, it will be on my desk.
In my opinion, it is the best RISCON scanner going. I have two scanners on two outdoor antennas, The SDS is on the same antenna my 536 used to be, and it both receives and decodes RISCON like a local. The 536 struggled with it quite a bit. Plus the digital audio is amazing through it from RISCON. (Which already is a good sounding P25 system to begin with.). I find it's a better DMR decoder too. I receive a few DMR systems here at my house (Amica, Amazon F.S., Stop & Shop Warehouse, plus a dozen or two conventional systems) and they all come in with clear audio.
Mike Fitzpatrick
Broadcast Engineer - RF Enthusiast
Owner: Scan New England - NECRAT.US
Issues with Scan New England can be privately addressed to me. W1KNE at scan-ne.com.

disp617

Post by disp617 »

i'm on the list but didn't get the 20% coupon. I only got an email that was a save the date and listed the washingtons birthday sale and other events.

ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Post by ecps92 »

I used to be on their list, and got neither :(
disp617 wrote:
16 Feb 2020 13:57
i'm on the list but didn't get the 20% coupon. I only got an email that was a save the date and listed the washingtons birthday sale and other events.
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

disp617

Post by disp617 »

Ok, I went into my account and clicked on receive newsletters and I just got it in my email. I may be making a purchase later this week!

bfrederi

Post by bfrederi »

Thanks for the heads-up about this sale.

I signed up for their mailing list last year, but apparently never replied to the confirmation e-mail so never received the announcement.

Heading down this morning with 20% coupon in hand.
disp617 wrote:
16 Feb 2020 13:57

disp617

Post by disp617 »

Let us know how you make out!

bfrederi

Post by bfrederi »

Well, that was fun.

The 20% coupon turned out to be moot for me, because--today only--they are having a "25% off whatever parts you can stuff in the bag" sale.

Since I was buying mostly parts, that worked out well for me. The only non-part (an el cheapo Triplett cable tracer) was already on sale.

Of interest to this thread, however: I overheard an animated discussion between two employees about the SDS100 and the 20% sale. One was saying that it definitely should NOT qualify and the other saying that they had already done it. The first employee left it that it would require an override and that they needed to escalate it to a third person. FYI.

disp617 wrote:
17 Feb 2020 10:08
Let us know how you make out!
Bruce
Burlington, MA

disp617

Post by disp617 »

bfrederi wrote:
17 Feb 2020 11:41
Well, that was fun.

The 20% coupon turned out to be moot for me, because--today only--they are having a "25% off whatever parts you can stuff in the bag" sale.

Since I was buying mostly parts, that worked out well for me. The only non-part (an el cheapo Triplett cable tracer) was already on sale.

Of interest to this thread, however: I overheard an animated discussion between two employees about the SDS100 and the 20% sale. One was saying that it definitely should NOT qualify and the other saying that they had already done it. The first employee left it that it would require an override and that they needed to escalate it to a third person. FYI.
Might help to print this thread out in case they try to back pedal. Here's proof you did it for one person, past practice! :cool:

disp617

Post by disp617 »

Stopped in Friday. They were sold out of the SDS200. However they were waiting on a new shipment in a week or two.

They offered me the sale price but the additional 20% coupon was a no go. They got mad when I brought it up.

Oh well. The sale price alone is still worth it.

They said they will still honor the sales price if one wants to order it till the close of business on Saturday.

trp

Post by trp »

disp617 wrote:
22 Feb 2020 00:35
Stopped in Friday. They were sold out of the SDS200. However they were waiting on a new shipment in a week or two.

They offered me the sale price but the additional 20% coupon was a no go. They got mad when I brought it up.

Oh well. The sale price alone is still worth it.

They said they will still honor the sales price if one wants to order it till the close of business on Saturday.
I have been following this thread since its inception 1 week ago. It appears that the OP got lucky and was able to have his 20% off coupon (that he received via email) applied to an SDS200 that was already on sale for $599.99 (with a regular selling price of $699.99). Seeing that the coupon clearly stated that it could not be used on sale items, this apparently had been an oversight on the part of the sales rep who processed the OP's purchase at You-Do-It.

A quick check of 4 major online scanner retailers (Scanner Master, Universal Radio, Zip Scanners and Bearcat Warehouse) shows them all currently selling the SDS200 for the regular price of $699.99. Based on that information the current sale price of $599.99 for the SDS200 at You-Do-It is a very good/decent deal. The fact that they are willing to order an SDS200 for you and give it to you for the sale price speaks to the integrity and fairness of the seller IMHO.

One other thing you could try (assuming you received the 20% off coupon via email) would be to politely ask You-Do-It if they would be willing to let you use the 20% off coupon on the regular $699.99 selling price. If they do agree to do that for you, you could purchase the SDS200 for $559.99 ($699.99 minus $140.00). YMMV

Citywide 173

Post by Citywide 173 »

Also worth pointing out, Uniden is very strict on the $699 price. If they had gotten wind of this sale, they probably wouldn't have allowed it. They actually made sellers increase their price on ebay so that when an ebay discount was applied, the sale price would still be the $699.
Ed Burke
KD1EMS WQRD823

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator

Post by garys »

They also had a Cyber Monday 20% off sale. That's when I ordered my SDS100 from them.

BTW, Bearcatwarehouse.com is offering $50.00 off and free shipping on the SDS100. Oddly, they have a splash that says "new version" as well. Which I''m going to guess is the one with the larger battery.
Citywide 173 wrote:
22 Feb 2020 12:51
Also worth pointing out, Uniden is very strict on the $699 price. If they had gotten wind of this sale, they probably wouldn't have allowed it. They actually made sellers increase their price on ebay so that when an ebay discount was applied, the sale price would still be the $699.
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.