Joint Base Cape Cod Field Hospital Thread

Discussion forum for scanning Cape Cod & the Islands, including Barnstable, Dukes, and Nantucket counties.
Scott
Site Administrator

Joint Base Cape Cod Field Hospital Thread

Post by Scott »

Now that this is apparently a reality, please use this thread only for any pertinent monitoring information.
Scott
SNE Maintenance/Janitor/Fixer of "Things"

Scott
Site Administrator

Re: Joint Base Cape Cod Field Hospital Thread

Post by Scott »

Well apparently this hospital is slated to go online this coming Monday, and I'm surprised to report that I have not located a single transmission pertinent to its operation. I have been searching 137-144, 148-151, 163-174, and 406-420 ranges. I expected some of the Joint Base P25 frequencies might light up again but other than the semi-encrypted security freq nada. I also suspected that maybe the Cape Cod Hospital DMR freq (452.425) might have some activity but nothing there that sounds pertinent. Nothing heard on the Barnstable County Health or C&I EMS talkgroups on Zone 4. Nothing heard on any of the NG freq's I'm aware of.

And Jeff hasn't chimed in! :D

As it gets closer to going online maybe we'll start to hear some activity.
Scott

ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Post by ecps92 »

Also keep in mind the 380-400, where the ISR Radios hid in the past.
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?aid=7734

Which Hospital is "Cape Cod Health Care" maybe their channels as they are the Medical Lead on this facility
Scott wrote:
15 Apr 2020 08:21
Well apparently this hospital is slated to go online this coming Monday, and I'm surprised to report that I have not located a single transmission pertinent to its operation. I have been searching 137-144, 148-151, 163-174, and 406-420 ranges. I expected some of the Joint Base P25 frequencies might light up again but other than the semi-encrypted security freq nada. I also suspected that maybe the Cape Cod Hospital DMR freq (452.425) might have some activity but nothing there that sounds pertinent. Nothing heard on the Barnstable County Health or C&I EMS talkgroups on Zone 4. Nothing heard on any of the NG freq's I'm aware of.

And Jeff hasn't chimed in! :D

As it gets closer to going online maybe we'll start to hear some activity.
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://scanmaritime.com

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

Scott
Site Administrator

Post by Scott »

I've looked through 380 area a few times.

As I recall it was reported that Cape Cod Hospital is responsible for the field hospital. Not sure if that has changed. Cape Cod Healthcare is a large group including Cape Cod and Falmouth Hospitals, I believe a lot of the walk-ins, and many doctor's offices.

The search continues. If I remember correctly the ISR's are simplex and very low power. To the best of my recollection I have never heard a peep on them.
Scott

ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Post by ecps92 »

Yes, ISR is very Low Power and simplex

And even with a "Drive thru" facility here [Weymouth] with South Shore Hospital, there is little traffic other than Open/Closed for when Security signs on
Scott wrote:
15 Apr 2020 08:59
I've looked through 380 area a few times.

As I recall it was reported that Cape Cod Hospital is responsible for the field hospital. Not sure if that has changed. Cape Cod Healthcare is a large group including Cape Cod and Falmouth Hospitals, I believe a lot of the walk-ins, and many doctor's offices.

The search continues. If I remember correctly the ISR's are simplex and very low power. To the best of my recollection I have never heard a peep on them.
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies

"The tougher it is to find a frequency, the more it makes me want to work to find it. - I've learned to use the SEARCH Button"

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator

Post by garys »

Actually, I wouldn't expect a lot of radio traffic. Regular hospitals do a lot more by phone than anything else, so I don't know that this would be different. There's also no indication, yet, that this is going to be busier than the field hospitals in NYC, WA, or CA.
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.

disp617

Post by disp617 »

One thing to check is the FRS frequencies. FRS 1 is being used at a Worcester hospital for communications between the er and the pre arrival tent outside.

Scott
Site Administrator

Post by Scott »

garys wrote:
15 Apr 2020 10:25
Actually, I wouldn't expect a lot of radio traffic. Regular hospitals do a lot more by phone than anything else, so I don't know that this would be different. There's also no indication, yet, that this is going to be busier than the field hospitals in NYC, WA, or CA.
True, but the difference here is that it is contained within a military base. I was surprised to not hear any of the logistical setup to be honest. Going forward I would not expect a great deal of traffic but rather the ingress/egress in coordination with security patrol etc. We'll see.
Scott

ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Post by ecps92 »

It the FMS [Federal Medical Station] came from the SNS [trategic National Stockpile] then you may hear FRS traffic
as the Comm Cache for those is bubble packs

http://www.masslocalinstitute.info/stra ... pile6.html

I forget which FEMA IS training had the list of what came with the FMS
https://training.fema.gov/is/crslist.aspx?all=true
disp617 wrote:
15 Apr 2020 10:35
One thing to check is the FRS frequencies. FRS 1 is being used at a Worcester hospital for communications between the er and the pre arrival tent outside.
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies

jeffkett
SNE and Wiki Moderator

Post by jeffkett »

Regarding....Jeff hasn't chimed in... I wish I had something to report !... I have many thoughts about this whole pandemic thing ( The majority of them I need to keep to myself for sanity !). I find this entire situation just a little hard to swallow.. I mean no disrespect to those directly involved, myself , I am still out in the street everyday dealing with the public on a much different level. The radios are dead, except for the Coast Guard air traffic and the Gates , as Scott mentioned-- the Base has produced nothing.. No Inter-ops , Special Ops, Events, LOC-PS at all on the TRUNK. Ocassionally the Barn Cty Health group pipes in. I have driven by the Testing site at CC Community College and will say it is very quiet . My observations don't equate to all of what the media is spreading. I know many of you on this list are directly involved and may not see it the way I see it. Farce may seem like a strong word, I know that this is no way what normal used to be. I think there is a whole movement here and it just doesn't feel right.
Jeff

jbella

Post by jbella »

Well, I Know out here, our usual medicals are way down, but that's because the boo-boo's, band aid's and babies aren't calling for an orange & white taxi ride for 'someone to talk to.'

There are virus calls, serious calls, and deaths. It's not hype, it's not nonsense. Before we had better info on exactly what was going on, I was scared shitless a few times dealing with medicals where we didn't know what the victim had. Now we're a little better prepared, but if someone thinks it's being overblown, they are more than welcome to come ride on my truck and go into any medical aid first to evaluate the situation without an N95 or gloves so we don't waste PPE, as is being insinuated elsewhere.

Scott
Site Administrator

Post by Scott »

I don't want this thread to get too far off track but there's no reason that any discussion can't continue in the YOBAG forum. These are unprecedented trying times that are having an adverse effect on all of us. Those on the front lines are going through hell to be certain. Clearly there are a lot of deaths resulting from this and the entire situation is at the forefront of every news outlet and opinion from here to everywhere on the planet. It sucks, but it's what is. All we as individuals can do is control what we can control. The rest is out of our hands.

Back to the topic at hand, another quiet day. From my workplace which is quite close to JBCC, where I am fortunate enough to be able to monitor while I do my job, I have once again heard zero today. I am using SDR# with its fast scanner plug-in, and ripping through several bands. It is picking up signals as would be expected but none pertinent. I've even gone as far as to have a listen into the DMR and NXDN trunked systems in the area, which is of course a considerable stretch, to no avail.

Stay home if you can, hunker down, and monitor, enjoy the hobby we love, and stay safe!
Scott

Scott
Site Administrator

Post by Scott »

Regarding my comments about discussing the COVID-19 situation, I created this thread:

https://www.scan-ne.net/sne/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=41530

Now, back to monitoring, Stooges! And spread out!
Scott

ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Joint Base Cape Cod Field Hospital to CLOSE

Post by ecps92 »

Having not admitted/seen One Patient the COVID Field Hospital is to close
https://whdh.com/news/makeshift-field-h ... -patients/
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies

Scott
Site Administrator

Post by Scott »

File it under the "better safe than sorry" category and hope there's no future need for it to come back online.
Scott

ecps92
Wiki Administrator

Post by ecps92 »

they should convert it into a Swab/Testing site
Scott wrote:
08 May 2020 22:48
File it under the "better safe than sorry" category and hope there's no future need for it to come back online.
Bill Dunn N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies

garys
SNE and Wiki Moderator

Post by garys »

There is no need to tie up all of those resources for testing.
ecps92 wrote:
09 May 2020 12:12
they should convert it into a Swab/Testing site
We're peace loving people, we're not hunting trouble, but if trouble should find us, we'll stand up and fight.